opinions needed please!!

Ok I have 1996 Johnson 150, model J150ELEBD. Just bought the boat so not to familiar with it. Issue I am having is having to prime the fuel bulb every time I go to move from spot to spot. Took to a respectable mechanic, and he says fuel pump may be getting weak. I asked if replacing it would make the problem go away. He said maybe, but at 600 he felt there was lot of life left in this pump seeing that it runs fine after priming. He said just pump it and go. I can
    get a pump for around 350,( vro), and install myself. Question is, should I? It kinda acts like the heat soak issue if i don't prime it. It will start right up but not take throttle very well, if at all. Any thoughts from the guru"s here would be appreciated, THXS!! Also checked plugs, all wet, and spark on all cylinders.

2. Member
    Time for a new BRP primer bulb and fuel lines?

Sounds more like heat soak. Idling the motor a minute or two before shutting it off and again before accelerating often helps.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    Sounds more like heat soak. Idling the motor a minute or two before shutting it off and again before accelerating often helps.
    Hey, glad to hear from you. It does sound like a "heat soak" issue, my post wasn't to clear. I meant it as a question, since the boat is new to him.

5. Member
    thxs guys, i will try your idea of running it a bit before shutdown. hopefully this fall i will have a better idea if its heat soak or not. thxs again!

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    A quick push of the key on take off may help also.