Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I also do not angle the engine or turn the steering wheel. And theres still room about 3' beside the nose to walk in and out of the garage/ get an atv out. Also I park an zero turn infront of it. I think I have the smallest garage in this post but it works!
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    My garage is 40' deep, 9' doors, and I can't make the turn without the truck going off the driveway and down a hill :(

so my boat sits outside like my previous one did for 15 years. Not the worst thing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    Hmmm... BC web site say a Caracal is 21' 10"... I would think it would have fit in one bay of your garage with the tongue pushed over to one side according to those measurements... is your boat 21'- 10" motor down and tongue folded? Also how wide is it trailer and all?

Greg
    Add 4" for Yamaha motor so his Caracal is really 22'2"
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I also do not angle the engine or turn the steering wheel. And theres still room about 3' beside the nose to walk in and out of the garage/ get an atv out. Also I park an zero turn infront of it. I think I have the smallest garage in this post but it works!
    OK... so I am sure a Caracal will fit once it is IN the garage.... the big question now is can I get the boat in one of the 9' doors the THEN angle it.... the only way I see that possible is to back it in as far as I can and put it on dollies so I can manually push the rear end over and back. No easy way to test that without a boat. :)

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    OK... so I am sure a Caracal will fit once it is IN the garage.... the big question now is can I get the boat in one of the 9' doors the THEN angle it.... the only way I see that possible is to back it in as far as I can and put it on dollies so I can manually push the rear end over and back. No easy way to test that without a boat. :)

Greg
    Sounds like you might have a small issue due to the tandem axle trailer and having to shove the nose over.
    How much could you pitch your old boat using your truck only?

I back in my garage just off set of center then cut the nose in hard, and it tucks in there. But my garage door is 7' tall, and probably 17-18' wide.
    You stated in your first post you have exactly 20'8" of depth, is your garage sheet rocked? Ive seen guys make little cubby holes for their engine cowling. You might also be able to add an inch or two on you garage door face?

Id hate for you to have to use wheel dollies Im sure they are a PITA!

CHECK YOUR INBOX, SENT YOU MY # If you send me measurements I can try and recreate your garage at my house for perspective
    Last edited by Louie; 08-17-2017 at 10:37 AM.

A guy I know cut a hole in his garage wall into his family room for the motor and built a case around it on the family room side. That concept did not fly with my significant other.

American ingenuity.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Blue76, I had a chance to take the boat out this weekend and checked the measurements you gave me. I believe an 11' door it too small to angle the boat in with the depth you have. My door is 17' even that is tricky. With the boat in the corner, right rear touching the wall, and engine pushed against the other wall with a floor mat stapled up, the front gunnel at the left front clete area is 12'6". So possibly you could get the boat past your door, and then the interior opens up and you could push it around but I think it would be quite the feat.

Attached Images Attached Images

If it's an unfinished garage take out two or three of the studs. I took out three to get my Eyra to fit. It works for me, barely fits and motor has to be trimmed just right and I have to take the plastic piece off the front of my Ultrex trolling motor. It's two screws and just takes a few seconds. After doing it a few times I have no trouble backing it in and getting it to fit. I have about a 1/4 clearance. The measurements Bass Cat lists are very accurate, pretty much exact. The Minn Kota trolling motor plastic piece was my limiting factor.

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    If it's an unfinished garage take out two or three of the studs. I took out three to get my Eyra to fit. It works for me, barely fits and motor has to be trimmed just right and I have to take the plastic piece off the front of my Ultrex trolling motor. It's two screws and just takes a few seconds. After doing it a few times I have no trouble backing it in and getting it to fit. I have about a 1/4 clearance. The measurements Bass Cat lists are very accurate, pretty much exact. The Minn Kota trolling motor plastic piece was my limiting factor.
    Your squishing a eyra into a 20x20 garage?

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Your squishing a eyra into a 20x20 garage?
    It's a detached garage, I literally have almost the exact length that Bass Cat posts for the Eyra storage. Not sure what the width is, maybe 13-14. I had originally taken three studs out to fit my F450 in the garage. I took out the three which was wide enough for the rear bumper so I got a few more inches which was all I needed. Worked for the Eyra also, but barely. There is no room to spare at all but it works and now it's pretty easy after doing it lots of times. My son hates to shut the door, scares him and he's afraid he'll hit the boat.

I have to hit the external key pad close button and stand in the door way and watch it close from inside, then kick my foot infront of the laser if it looks like it wont clear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12