Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    riverzx, what has been your favorite?
    Well, every one of those models was 20' 2" and had the same deck layout. Fishability was excellent on all of them. Small changes to consoles and hardware haven't been big deals, but having the 4-stroke SHO on the last two has been great. I suppose I'd say the 20i seemed to have the best ride of them all, but I don't routinely fish in rough stuff other than a trip up to the Great Lakes once a year for smallies. I really have liked them equally well other than preferences for colors and options I've added. I am encouraged to see that they will be building their own trailers now. I always liked the lid latches that were under the lids, but the new stainless compression latches on my FX are nice and I don't have any issues stepping on or kicking into them.

I love the ride of my 20i and that has been making it tough to decide on buying a new Skeeter - I don't think any ride as well as the I class.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

3. Member
    that's why i plan to keep my 21i as long as possible

4. Member
    To really answer the question, Skeeters require less driver input to control the chine walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    To really answer the question, Skeeters require less driver input to control the chine walking.

That's pretty accurate, but they WILL chine walk if you let them. My ZX225 (2015) has been very easy to control since I sold the T-1 that it came with.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

6. Member
    skeeter and chine walk is an oxymoron. Doesn't happen.

7. Member
    I just got my first Skeeter, a 2017 ZX225 and it doesn't walk one bit. I am very impressed with the overall performance of the boat so far.

Benny Rigney

8. Member
    I also have a 2009 21i with the 300 and had it at 78.2 gps, empty and by myself and "CAN YOU SAY CADILLAC"!!!
    the real difference is going around a gradual turn at high speed you don't feel anything... I have been in some other manufacturers boats and I could tell the difference. Once I thought I needed to start looking for a seatbelt. Another I actually told the guy to slow down. And these were not cheap boats, and not small boats either.

9. Member
    78??

WOW!!

That's impressive no matter the conditions. these are big boats and yes they are cadillacs. this is my 1st skeeter and I am very thankful I chose wisely the 1st time. I have seen 74 w/ full tanks, all our gear and 2 people. it makes me sad to think the 'ol 300 2 stroker is gone. more HP at lesser RPM

10. Member
    The norm is 72-73 ish with gas and gear and 2-240+overs. My only complaint about the boat was that crap of a control system they put in the skeeter boats around that time. I re-wired my entire boat about 1.5-2 years ago and that's when and the only time that we took everything out of the boat. And it was at that time that it was going that fast. We also change all filters and plugs at that time. The re-wiring took us about 2 months and the boat sat for 6 months prior.

11. Member
    I get it. I bought an extra touch pad for each area just in case. I would rather have the toggle switches but I don't plan to re-wire the boat

EVER!!!

12. Member
    I'm not advising this to anyone, but at 70 mph i can let go of the steering wheel. Steady she sails!

rides like a Cadillac.

13. Member
    I get it. I bought an extra touch pad for each area just in case. I would rather have the toggle switches but I don't plan to re-wire the boat

EVER!!!

I can run about the same speed, maybe a couple of ticks higher, 2017 ZX250, no chine walk at all. My Ranger had a little, but the bug has none.

14. Member
    I can let go of my steering wheel on FX 20 at WOT which is 72 mph

Yall aren't going fast enough to make it walk. Mine will start walking around 73mph. Below that, and I can take my hands off the wheel. Over that, and I have to rock it a little.

With the T-1, it was absolutely dangerous over 73mph. It has been controllable with the Tempest.

72mph with an FX20? That must be tournament loaded.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

The 2015 zx250 doesn't walk for me up to 75 with the T-1....
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    The 2015 zx250 doesn't walk for me up to 75 with the T-1....
    You must run a very light load to get your zx 250 to 75mph? I have same boat and can get 72 mph!

Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    You must run a very light load to get your zx 250 to 75mph? I have same boat and can get 72 mph!
    I carry a pretty full load... Haven't ever weighed it but I have one almost empty box because I fish with others so much. I took the slanted deviders out of the center box so I could put more in it... And that speed was during February.... On the 5th dot and was throwing it 6000 to 6100 rpms on pickwick...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    My fx20 zero CW at 75 mph
    Same here... zero chine walk at wide open throttle and trimmed up. Around 76mph

20. Banned
    my 09 iclass doesn't walk out to 74. it has a factory 13.5" jackplate, 300hp yammy w/ no walk at all

my 09 bass cat would walk like crazy but I didn't have it long enough to really get it setup properly

these boats will slide like nothing I have ever been in or seen. its a bunch o fun until my wife gives me the backhand
    Can you elaborate on this? They slide in tight turns or grab in tight turns? I had a previous boat that would do both and quite frankly was dangerous as it would skip then grab and try and throw you out of the boat if you tried to turn too fast at speed. My current Triton grabs and holds with no slipping.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast