Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Make sure you chock the wheels before you start jacking that thing up.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

2. Member
    I picked mine up. It sucked but I managed. Two people should make it easy. Just back the truck up so it is close and with one person on each side pick up the trailer and pull it forward onto the hitch. As long as you are on flat ground it shouldn't be a problem.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

When mine dropped it pinned me to the ground. It was a July afternoon in Phoenix. The concrete was hot hot! There was no way to get out from under it. I tried. Too heavy and I was in an awkward position. I was in shorts and tennis shoes and had to tripod up on my good foot and alternate hands to keep from burning. I could hear my family in the backyard... pool party... but they couldn't hear me screaming. I had my phone so I called 911. It took the FD about 10 minutes to get there. I was sure my foot was cut off at the ankle and I was freaking out. They put some towels between me and the sizzling concrete but they couldn't lift the trailer - this happened while I had my 225 off the transom so the tongue weight wasn't counter-balanced by a motor. My son grabbed my floor jack and they were able to lift the damn thing off my ankle. The fire engine brought a crowd of neighbors and my family from the backyard. I remember asking the firemen to push the boat back into the garage as they loaded me into the ambulance. LOL! It was insane.

1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Wow glad your ok. I will definitely be paying more attention from now on.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Man that really sucks. Everybody needs to be aware that anything can and will break and to stay out of the line of fire!!

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by dave428 View Post
    I was so lucky...I was in bare feet and I jumped out of the way very quickly as I realized it was happening. It was like 10pm at night after a long afternoon of fishing. This is my first boat and I'm making quite the list of screw ups in the past 2 months.
    dont worry brother, we all started somewhere.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Wow !! That was not good 86 inches. Hope for a full recovery !!
    As a retired first responder I've seen many incidents that were a result of some little inconspicuous thing.
    Made me go look at my trailers -- I have a utility trailer that is like yours .. not as old but has seen a LOT of use.
    I WILL be doing a close inspection and change out if warranted.

Wow! Will definitely be more careful when using the fold away jack now. Having it fail never crossed my mind.
    Heartwood Fence Co.

9. Member
    The jack on my trailer is mounted just like 86 inches trailer jack was, with a big snap ring. I look at it all the time but will check it out even more now. I do try to stay out of the crush zone but sometimes your in it before you know it.
    Hi Mike.

10. Member
    Been there done that, First trip home with my New Triton allure. Pulled pin on wheel jack got it off truck hitch ball thought it was ok. Made a heck of noise as front of trailer smashed to ground as wheel jack folded up. Break out the floor jack from truck and back in business. Learned a big lesson that day...

11. Member
    I've dropped one. Tried to straighten the tongue over by pushing on the bow. That was just enough to disengage the swivel pin on the jack. It fell on the spares and no injuries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12