2003 Custom line trailer adding a swing away tongue??

Hoping someone has added a swing away tongue to a custom line dual axle trailer? I am going to have this done real soon. I would like to hear if I'm better off finding a fabricator to do something custom or just use one of the Fulton kits?
    2003- Bullet 20XD w/Promax 225X

2. Member
    I researched this quite extensively when I purchased my 2000 model 20XD with a custom line trailer, adding the fulton kit would only save me about 18-20" whereas having a fabricator weld a bracket in would give me almost 36". He was going to make the winch mount at a much steeper angle and incorporate his own tongue kit into all of that. Personally, I think this is a better option. The welder was going to charge me $300 and that did not include the hydraulic hose for the surge brakes which is only about $15 and replacing the fluid which is also pretty cheap. My only problem is that he wants the trailer without the boat for 3 days and I do not want to dry dock my boat or leave it in the water for that long so I will probably do it this winter. Hope this helps....

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chass75 View Post
    I researched this quite extensively when I purchased my 2000 model 20XD with a custom line trailer, adding the fulton kit would only save me about 18-20" whereas having a fabricator weld a bracket in would give me almost 36". He was going to make the winch mount at a much steeper angle and incorporate his own tongue kit into all of that. Personally, I think this is a better option. The welder was going to charge me $300 and that did not include the hydraulic hose for the surge brakes which is only about $15 and replacing the fluid which is also pretty cheap. My only problem is that he wants the trailer without the boat for 3 days and I do not want to dry dock my boat or leave it in the water for that long so I will probably do it this winter. Hope this helps....

Thats awesome problem is finding welder that wants to do something like this. It's like searching for a needle in a haystack.

4. Member
    Most people don't realize this but you can put the Fulton swing behind the jack if you have the room. It will still swing to the side enough to give you the same length. It also will make your entire trailer package only as long as the boat/motor combo.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    Most people don't realize this but you can put the Fulton swing behind the jack if you have the room. It will still swing to the side enough to give you the same length. It also will make your entire trailer package only as long as the boat/motor combo.
    You have a picture of this?

6. Member
    Two examples.

Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    That first one is a factory setup from Ameratrail.

Ramlin trailers also makes a removable tongue that works well too but is a little heavy.
    That one is like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images