ANYBODY using a ServiceMaster ?

Anybody using a Verado style Servicemaster lower unit instead of the TorqueMaster on a 920 , 250pro xs set up? What are your MPH numbers? What are the performance differances( if any) between the two lower units. If replacing lower unit which would be better option for a 920 that tops out at 74 mph loaded with a Torquemaster?

2. Member
    I had a 2012 721 Phoenix/250 ProXS with a Verado/Servicemaster. I now have a 2016 250 ProXS TorqueMaster and the Verado was 2 MPH faster at 79.6 with the same setup. Both have the same gears but the TM is a little more temperamental to set up. Either will be fine, but I would opt for the TM for resale value. Everyone wants the latest and greatest.

3. Member
    One other thing, the 2012 Pro XS was a little more horsepower than 250 and the 2016 is rated almost exactly at 250. I "think" somewhere around 2014 Mercury had to lower the HP for EPA reasons. Was also told that's why they put the "batwing" lower unit on it, to get more speed out of a lower horsepower engine.

4. Member
    Mercury has NEVER made a 250 that puts out exactly 250 HP. Most are right at 275, which is within the 10% guideline. Supposedly they lost about 5 propshaft horsepower in meeting EPA measurement regs a couple of years ago. I believe Don said that it was 5-6 HP lost max. Mercury ALWAYS wants to be the fastest motor around in any category. You won't catch 'em scrimping on propshaft output, ever. :)
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200