MinnKota 70# lift assist and storage brace.

Do they make a lift assist for a 70# MinnKota ?? Also I notice the larger units have a sorta brace that when stowed braces the head of the unit against the floor. Is that sort of thing recommended for all units ?

thanks

2. Member
    If it is a "true" 70, there is no lift assist available. If it is a "Ranger" 70, it is a 4" motor and you can get (if it's still available) the lift assist parts for the mount. a true 70 is a 3 5/8" motor with the skeg made onto the bullet front. A 4" motor has the skeg at the rear by the prop.
    The other item you speak of is a stabilizer. If you run rough water, even boat wakes, the stabilizer is recommended. It can be put on any size Maxxum or Fortrex motor. Let me know if I can help.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

There are several of us here that have put on shocks on both sides, I did it last year and it did make a difference....I will see if I can take a picture and post here..

Both sides in stored position...
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=776700

Here's the thread on how to install your own.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=776700

Here's the thread on how to install your own.
    Thanks Jeff for finding it, I was going to look for it this morning...

7. Member
    Thanks for the info guys!!!

I just checked and I do indeed have a 70 with the skeg built into the cone. Looks like its gonna be a home made option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Thanks for the info guys!!!

I just checked and I do indeed have a 70 with the skeg built into the cone. Looks like its gonna be a home made option for me.
    If you need any info let us know, good folks here willing to help....the shocks will make a difference..

9. Member
    I just bought a new 80# Minnkota Fortrex, but with the lift kit I could lift and stow my old 74# motor with two fingers.