cookshook

Question Shimano stradic 2500 FH

I have 4 of these reels and after use with slow moving bait (jig,worm,tube etc.) the reels seem to have a place where they hang up. If just cranking they are very smooth. I have seen where some say this can be fixed. What I want to know is this a permanent fix or something that lasts a short time. Trying to decide if they are worth repairing.

Thanks

It's the friction ring under the rotor. It's a PITA. You can clean and lube it and that will help.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

it could be the friction or the initial lubrication material. Both can be solved permanent. There is a new style ring, which I include free of charge if needed with service. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

4. Member
    pull the rotor and remove the friction ring under it. problem solved. just dont go dipping it in the ocean

5. cookshook
    I have removed the friction rings and after some use or rain the still find a place where the bind up if working a slow moving lure.

I told you....not always a friction ring!
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

7. cookshook
    Dan,
    I shipped out 4 reels today.

Thanks

Replaced friction rings with the new style on my 2 Symetres before the season started, cleaned, and re-lubed with Ardent reel grease. The sticking partially returned on one of them after the first rain storm while the other has stayed smooth. Can confirm it's not for sure the friction ring. Relubed them both with Cal's and haven't had issues since. Not sure if it's a coincidence what's going on.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34