Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anybody tried Alpha Angler rods?

Opinions? Sensitive?

2. Member
    Curious myself.

3. Member
    My buddy has one I used for a short while. After my brief use I can say it's one of the best production rods I've handled. This coming from an all custom guy.

4. Member
    I just picked up the DSR last week. I haven't been on the water with it yet, but it feels amazing so far. I'll report back if I can get on the water this weekend.

5. Member
    I've got three of them. They're the best rods I've ever used. The Rebound is my favorite I'm getting a Mag-Rebound Friday and then a Zilla. I know Jake who builds these. One of the nicest guys I've even known, he knows his stuff. You won't be disappointed.

6. Member
    Best rods I have ever touched. You cannot and will not go wrong with Alpha Angler Rods.

No I am not affiliated with them, but I do know Jake. Great guy.
    2000 BassCat Pantera 3
    2001 Merc Opti 200hp

7. Member
    Hands down the best rod out there. Since 1988 I have had 5 rod sponsors and performed some r&d for just about all of them. Nothing on today's market comes close. All the production rods are all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide16 View Post
    Hands down the best rod out there. Since 1988 I have had 5 rod sponsors and performed some r&d for just about all of them. Nothing on today's market comes close. All the production rods are all the same.
    Which 5 would those be? How are all production rods the same?

9. Member
    Eh all production rods are not the same, not even close. I have read some pretty ridiculous stuff on here since 2004 and that statement is probably in the top 10

10. Member
    I was born in 1958 so I've been bass fishing a long time. In 1988 there were maybe 10 rod companies of which less than half actually sponsored bass fishermen. Daiwa was probably the most high profile with Clunn, Bean, Nixon, Cochran, others. Quantum and Berkley were also big sponsors. Lamiglas and Phenix were West Coast so unless you're an Elite pro now living in AL it's doubtful it's one of them. Throw Fenwick, Abu, maybe Shakespeare in there with less guys being sponsored. Loomis and St Croix didn't start sponsoring guys until more recent (post-1988). Do tell which 5 rod sponsors you had since 1988? Better yet, tell us what tour you fish - BASS, FLW? What do you consider "sponsor"? Some 40 rod companies that now exist did not exist until post-2000; just check TW's website. And you claim to have done research and development for "just about" all of them? Nothing on today's market even comes close? And you've personally fished with every rod out there? NRX? Legend Elite? Megabass, K2, ALX, Dobyns Extreme, Hammer, iRod, Edge, Kistler, etc. etc???? Unreal. As good as the Alpha Angler rods might be, I agree with medicpelle. The only way any "production" rod, of which Alpha Angler is one, is the same is if it is built 100% by robotics. Every high end, US built rod is made by human hands.

Rolltide gets the award for the most ridiculous collection of statements I've read on this site, or any bass fishing website. If he's a spokesperson for their rods, they better get a new spokesperson.

11. Banned
    Damn had I known Ugly Sticks were the same thing I woulda saved a LOT of money!

12. Member
    Probably so full of it his eyes are brown. Typical "pro staff" lingo.

13. Member
    Lol dream on.
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

14. Member
    This site is great for a LOT of things, but i put very little stock in rod opinions i get from this site aside from a select few that post honest opinions. There are so many "pro staffers" that try to push their product its ridiculous, but i guess they have to get their 15%
    They aint got hands, set the hook

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    This site is great for a LOT of things, but i put very little stock in rod opinions i get from this site aside from a select few that post honest opinions. There are so many "pro staffers" that try to push their product its ridiculous, but i guess they have to get their 15%
    Yep. It's a revolving who's best depending on sponsorship
    2008 Triton TR-196 / 200 HP Optimax

16. Member
    might get interesting--on 8/8 Roll tide started a thread asking if anyone had ever used these rods and now on 9/13 he has been sponsored by five different rod companies and helped with R&D for them and these are the best rods ever produced. Could be but I will say he has been busy since 8/8 as there was no mention of any of this on 8/8
    Last edited by kadas; 09-15-2017 at 06:40 AM.

17. Member
    I noticed a few topics started about this brand of rod, then started seeing the recommendations pour in.

First thought in my mind, this is going to be a repeat of a few years ago when everyone and their brother was on the "Denali Pro Staff", the Denali zombies loaded every rod thread with recommendations on the best Denali for every technique

Same thing happened with Halo a few years ago, some guy came on here asking if anyone had used their rods, was looking for a recommendation on which one to get for a certain technique. Claimed he'd heard of them, never actually handled or seen one, but he was interested in this hot new product. Within about a week he was claiming to "know the owner", claimed to be on the pro staff, claimed to own a wide variety of their rods, and was spamming every rod thread with Halo crap telling everyone which model to get.

The dummy apparently forgot he'd just posted a week before that he'd never seen one. Of course when I pointed out he'd rapidly evolved from never seeing one to knowing the owner, being pro staff, and extensively testing them he disappeared.

I've become leery of brand new rod companies just for this very reason. Not too long ago there was a big dump of Enigma rods on the sale board, guess those guys moved on to whoever else would give them 10% off if they bought the entire line of rods.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    I noticed a few topics started about this brand of rod, then started seeing the recommendations pour in.

First thought in my mind, this is going to be a repeat of a few years ago when everyone and their brother was on the "Denali Pro Staff", the Denali zombies loaded every rod thread with recommendations on the best Denali for every technique

Same thing happened with Halo a few years ago, some guy came on here asking if anyone had used their rods, was looking for a recommendation on which one to get for a certain technique. Claimed he'd heard of them, never actually handled or seen one, but he was interested in this hot new product. Within about a week he was claiming to "know the owner", claimed to be on the pro staff, claimed to own a wide variety of their rods, and was spamming every rod thread with Halo crap telling everyone which model to get.

The dummy apparently forgot he'd just posted a week before that he'd never seen one. Of course when I pointed out he'd rapidly evolved from never seeing one to knowing the owner, being pro staff, and extensively testing them he disappeared.

I've become leery of brand new rod companies just for this very reason. Not too long ago there was a big dump of Enigma rods on the sale board, guess those guys moved on to whoever else would give them 10% off if they bought the entire line of rods.
    Look who Alpha Angler's pro staff are and how they (he) is performing this year...that will give you the answer as to why people are asking about these rods. Alpha is a small builder in the Pacific Northwest that does not have a ton of exposure to folks out east beyond their pro staff marketing. If you look at the timing of people asking about these rods and when Brandon P won or did well at certain events this year, I don't see it as coincidence. Brandon even touted them on a Bassmaster show this year.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cressie View Post
    Look who Alpha Angler's pro staff are and how they (he) is performing this year...that will give you the answer as to why people are asking about these rods. Alpha is a small builder in the Pacific Northwest that does not have a ton of exposure to folks out east beyond their pro staff marketing. If you look at the timing of people asking about these rods and when Brandon P won or did well at certain events this year, I don't see it as coincidence. Brandon even touted them on a Bassmaster show this year.
    I do not think anyone was questioning Alpha ngler rods as much as they were questioning the comments by the gentleman and his posts in #7--I also have heard nothing but good things about the rod.
    I believe?? c-rigs post was in regards to the post not the rods itself

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kadas View Post
    I do not think anyone was questioning Alpha ngler rods as much as they were questioning the comments by the gentleman and his posts in #7--I also have heard nothing but good things about the rod.
    I believe?? c-rigs post was in regards to the post not the rods itself
    I understand that 100%. I am saying that the timing of the questions makes sense considering Brandon P was on Bassmaster detailing his gear, which included Alpha, on a show in the not so distant past.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast