Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Thanks Kadas! We're a ruthless bunch

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kadas View Post
    I totally agree with you Big Guy and fluke1987--why OP decided to send me a PM instead of posting it on here I have no answer for. I read his explanation and posted on here that he should post on here and explain to everyone his reason for not naming the rods he has been sponsored by and helped with R&D on. For the record he never disclosed to me the rod companies either. Said it was out of respect and confidentiality that he could not or would not list the rod companies. Take it for what it is worth. I have not changed my thinking on the matter about him posting in August wanting thoughts on them and then posting again the other day that they were the best thing since sliced bread. I know no reason why he could not if he chose to list the rod companies he was sponsored by. See guys do it all the time but it does make me wonder--5 companies? Anyway there is nothing more here because he has chosen to keep them to himself and he has not been back to this thread since so who knows. That is the whole story as I know it

If he pm'd you, then didn't disclose what rod companies he supposedly did R&D work for then that speaks volumes as to his credibility.

He won't say because of respect and confidentiality? 5 companies? After all of these years?

Ok.

Whole deal smells wrong. And as to someone else posting that Brandon P swears by them, BFD. They'll be the best things since sliced bread...until another company offers a better deal.

AMart thinks Enigma is the best rod on the market...I've never seen one, and don't know anyone else who has either.

Anyone remember the rod brand Randy from a few years ago that was supposedly so great....they had to keep passing the same rods around amongst the "pro staffers"....

Anybody remember the citrus sticks a few years ago that was going to take the fishing industry by storm? Different company than the carrot stick people, i think

4. Member
    While I don't wanna weigh in about the shenanigans in the thread up to this point, I will give my 2 cents about my Alpha Angler experience.

I have rods from Loomis, Falcon, Hammer, ALX, and have an Alpha Angler Wrench. I'm not on any rod pro staff. I used a coupon after Paliniuk won earlier this year to get a discount on the AA Wrench.

I absolutely love the Wrench. It really is one of those rods that has the "wow" factor.

I personally believe that each rod company has its strengths and weaknesses. While I only have my experience with one particular AA model, I highly recommend it.

ill leave the douschebaggery to other folks as that's unfair to Alpha Angler
    Last edited by Jocephus; 09-23-2017 at 07:58 PM.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocephus View Post
    While I don't wanna weigh in about the shenanigans in the thread up to this point, I will give my 2 cents about my Alpha Angler experience.

I have rods from Loomis, Falcon, Hammer, ALX, and have an Alpha Angler Wrench. I'm not on any rod pro staff. I used a coupon after Paliniuk won earlier this year to get a discount on the AA Wrench.

I absolutely love the Wrench. It really is one of those rods that has the "wow" factor.

I personally believe that each rod company has its strengths and weaknesses. While I only have my experience with one particular AA model, I highly recommend it.

ill leave the douschebaggery to other folks as that's unfair to Alpha Angler
    Just got the Slasher and seems the perfect jerkbait/ topwater. Soon as I get a reel for it

6. Member
    I thought the Slasher would be too short and not enough beef for the Ca Delta greenies, even my senko rod was 7'. Slasher is a great pencil bait rod, thats what I use it for.
    2000 BassCat Pantera 3
    2001 Merc Opti 200hp

7. Member
    Does anyone know if AA is rolling their own blanks, or what blanks they use? I had a chance to fondle a few at a shop. The blanks look an awful lot like NFC blanks. Like a lot. The rods were very nice indeed.

8. Member
    Just received my "Zilla". First impression is a very clean nicely built rod, balance is good not great with Met.MGL. Power feels very similar to the newer GLX 844mbr but hoping on the water the Zilla will have a little more tip. For me personally since I mostly fish for smallies can see this as another football jig for sure as well as soft jerkbaits and paddletails up to 5". Will give a unbiased updated review next weekend as I leave on the 12th headed up north for some fall smallie hunting. Added few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Phippy; 10-05-2017 at 06:48 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kstephes033 View Post
    I am looking at adding one more dropshot rod to my lineup and i keep coming back and looking at it, just nowhere to see them at all. Has anyone used it that can compare it action wise to any other rod they have used?
    I got the DSR to replace my IMX 802dsr. The Alpha is stiffer than the 802, and has more of a parabolic bend. The rod is perfect at keeping big smallies pinned down till they are in the boat. The Alpha DSR has plenty of power for the smallies in Lake St Clair. I wouldn't use this around lots of grass though. Sensitivity is better than the IMX, I'm feeling more than I was before.

Some things I'm not a huge fan of...I wish it was a couple inches longer. It's my shortest rod by 4 inches. I'm not completely sold on the recoil RSPG guides. Every now and then my leader knot will get stuck on them.

Check out the stray casts episode on youtube with Jake and Brandon, they go in depth on the drop shot rod. All in all I really like the DSR and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

10. Member
    I'd never heard of these rods prior to this week when videos started popping up as recommended on YouTube. I still haven't checked them out other than just the video, but that could be another reason why people are asking about them.

11. Member
    I hate that I missed all this fun a few months ago, this thread really delivered there for a little bit.

As for the Alpha's, I have 3 other their rods so far and looking at 2 others for a January purchase. The DSR was the first I bought and got it second hand, fell in love because it is amazing, got a slasher and Zilla next, bought them new and they are equivalent to my Kistler Helium#'s or maybe even my GLX's, but nothing that is making me make a full out switch, looking at the Wrench and Rebound next.

And I have no affiliation to Alpha, but do like small businesses over large companies which is why I keep going back to them lately. The are good rods for that price point, and definitely get the DSR as it was a big enough difference from my Loomis to sale my GLX Drop Shot rod.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123