Thread: Ants in boat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Bifen IT
    Mix some up in a garden sprayer and spray it wherever they show up. Have had to evac ants more than once from the boat. They like to live in the rub-rails.

2. Banned
    Went by today and not an ant in sight on ground or on boat. Crazy. They just seem to be gone

3. Banned
    In thinking about, I'm betting they had started to take up residence or were in there to get food or foam, then went for an unexpected ride and when they got "home" they got the heck out of there. Only thing I can come up with because there are no ants around anywhere now.

4. Member
    I also had carpenter ants in my boat. I sprayed them with ant killer many times and it did nothing except kill the ones that I sprayed. I bought a small bottle of the Tetra liquid ant bait. Within a half an hour there were hundreds of ants devouring the bait. Had to use my own self control not to kill the ants... they need to bring it back to their nest.

In less than a week, no more ants!

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Check around in every nook and cranny for any remnants of food. Ya never know what your tourny partner may have left behind. Or if ya have small ones...they may be the culprit too
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by countytuck View Post
    I had a bad case of carpenter ants in boat. Tried everything. This is what finally worked. Mix borax with sugar, syrup and water. Make a wet paste. Dip cotton balls in paste, place cotton balls on small paper plates. Make several plates, and place them all over deck and floor, and battery compartment. Leave in boat for 2-3 days. Repeat process. Took 2 try's, no ants for last 6 months.
    This absolutely works. I had the same problem with ants and this got rid of them all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12