Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Gander MT Greensboro

Went to the Gander Mt store in Greensboro just to kill some time and ended up spend a bunch of money. Everything was at least 40% even firearms. I bought a brand new Remington 783 7mm Rem. Mag for $170 and a brand new Ruger American 7mm-08 for $220. They still have some guns left but there were a lot of people buying them yesterday. They did seem to have a lot of pistols left as of yesterday and they are all deeply discounted. Most of the fishing tackle has been picked over but they still have quite a few rods left for 50% off. I was told Friday is the last day for gun sales.

2. Member
    So I work for Gander... err... technically Camping World now after the sale. But I just wanted to tell you... the new Gander Outdoors stores are gonna be the best things since sliced bread! Stay tuned! :)
    2023 Ranger Z520R - Mercury ProXS 250 HP
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavisjr View Post
    So I work for Gander... err... technically Camping World now after the sale. But I just wanted to tell you... the new Gander Outdoors stores are gonna be the best things since sliced bread! Stay tuned! :)
    The guy at the counter told me that the store was going to reopen on Feb 2 in Greensboro but had to sell everything first. I didn't realize that until yesterday. I just know they sure have some good deals going on right now.

4. Banned
    They needed to do something for sure. I went there when they first opened in G'boro and they had a display on an end cap selling Ice Fishing equipment. Can you believe that. From that point on I knew they were going to be out of touch with or expensive. I always heard people I knew say their customer service in the fishing dept sucked. They will have to show me something when and if they reopen.

5. Member
    Gander MTs I've been in seem to be out of touch with the area they were in.

6. Member
    Gonna be a whole new experience guys. We're under new ownership by people that really know what they're doing. Be patient. Gotta get rid of all the old junk first. Re-branding and restocking everything from scratch. Changing the game. Gonna rock BPS' world.... And Cabela's, Field and Stream and whoever else for that matter.

In the mean time... do take advantage of those discounts.
    2023 Ranger Z520R - Mercury ProXS 250 HP
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

7. Banned
    The one in Fayetteville , when pricing was slashed, the sale prices increased.

8. Member
    Has any one been to the one in North Raleigh on Captial Blvd . Is there any fishing stuff in there . My be looking a rod , my pick up a rod are two if they have any ?

9. Fishing is a Passion
    We have one in Winston Salem, I picked up several packs of Nano-Fil for $8 each, I thought that was pretty good.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

10. Banned
    I think the one in Cary still has a lot of long guns in stock. A guy from work went there yesterday and bought a couple at really good prices.

11. Member
    Went to the store on Captial Blvd ......there where a few rods most There brand for sell and tackler that was pick over . Lot of pan fish baits and some salt water stuff.
    Bump in to a few guys said this not a sell , every thing marked up ...on the guns and even the used ones .
    I did get a few bottles of the Ardent screen cleaner kits for $4.00 ....usually around $8.00 dollars a kit . So i can put a kit in the truck one in the boat and have a spare . It clean's my cell phone and sun shades good .

So all wasn't a waste of time . There not going to re-open this store .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    We have one in Winston Salem, I picked up several packs of Nano-Fil for $8 each, I thought that was pretty good.
    That is good!! Are they even still open and if so, do they have anything left? I could stock up on NanoFil. Flemings quit carrying it, so its either TW or BPS.

13. Fishing is a Passion
    Still open and had a lot of line left as of friday
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

I went to the one in Fayetteville today, most of the fishing stuff is picked over but I did buy two Springfield power pedestals. Regular 119.00 sale price 36.00!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I think the one in Cary still has a lot of long guns in stock. A guy from work went there yesterday and bought a couple at really good prices.
    I think the one in Cary is done. I havent seen the guy standing on the corner holding the sale sign in a week or two and the light up signs are gone off the building.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

Fayetteville store has 11 more days.. bought me a bunch of shirts today..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Based solely on my experience with Camping World, it 's going to be more of the same. That place has to be the most expensive place in the universe to purchase an RV and they have a reputation for not holding to their word, at least around here. No thanks....I'll keep going to Sportsmans Warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavisjr View Post
    Gonna be a whole new experience guys. We're under new ownership by people that really know what they're doing. Be patient. Gotta get rid of all the old junk first. Re-branding and restocking everything from scratch. Changing the game. Gonna rock BPS' world.... And Cabela's, Field and Stream and whoever else for that matter.

In the mean time... do take advantage of those discounts.

18. Member
    I couldn't wait to see what the hype was about the much needed improvements they were going to make to Gander MT after Camping World took it over but now the CEO Marcus Lemonis has asked me to shop elsewhere for some reason. Local tackle shops, BBC sponsors and internet cheaper anyway. I doubt that Lemonis dude will miss my couple dollars a year anyway.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale Jamie!

I went to the Winston Store Sat. and wasn't much left. No gun sales and mostly clothes left.
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

20. Banned
    Well it sounds like the new owner doesn't want my money so I guess I won't ever see the inside of that store again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast