Thread: back pain

back pain

Played the last two times with a good amount of back pain. Can't say I can remember when I drove the ball so well. Hit one about 275 a week ago, and believe I missed two fairways today during a scramble. Pretty sure I'd of been mid to low 80's today in the scramble, played pretty good other than I couldn't 1 putt anything.

Know I shortened my back swing on the drives, and slowed down. Biggest thing is I started teeing the ball up higher, hitting the sweet spot on my driver far more often by the ball mark.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    To speed the golf swing up you have to slow down. I remember giving a lesson to a guy that was around a 25 handicap. Guy had a swing speed of maybe 75-80 mph with the driver. He was trying to hit the ball so hard that he was using up all of his energy way before he got the ball. After putting his swing on video, I asked him if he thought he swung faster than Tiger...of course his answer was no way. I put their swing sequences up side by side on V1 and showed him. He finished his swing before Tiger ever got half way back down. Moral of the story, strived to swing the clubhead the fastest past the ball...not at it.
    Last edited by Rebel1; 08-14-2017 at 12:00 PM.

I always try to swing easy on drives, if I don't I'll start slicing. When I slow down I hit it farther with a little draw. Somewhere I stopped doing it, but this year I concentrate on it. Usually good at hitting fairways, but with back pain I've gained 20-30 yards on drive. Going to keep this swing for sure.