Hull Hook Images

So for all of you out there have heard the term hull hook but do not know what it is, let me educate you. The picture with the screw driver is the right side of my boat. I could have actually put a larger screw driver in the gap between the bunk and the bottom of the boat. That curve starts at the transom and goes to the seat console area. The left side is not quite as bad as the right, but you can still see the gap produced by the hook. So what does this do to the run-ability of your boat? It kills it. It pulls the bow down and makes the boat plow through the water. My boat will do about 38 mph when it should be doing low to mid 60's. If you own a 2011 or 2012 Nitro and you are having this problem, look at your boat on the trailer. If the hull is hooked you will be able to see it. I spoke with NITRO on three separate occasions and got the same answer each time, I AM SOL! NOt sure if I have any other options open to me or not. Probably just a big fiberglass bill.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Nitro Z7
    150 Mercury Optimax

2. Member
    Had you been the original owner and being that "old" do you think they would of taken care of the issue? Feel bad for you man

3. Member
    Just about every boat I work on has a hook on the bottom, especially the last 2 ft. I'd put a straight edge on your hull instead of measuring it by the bunk boards because they're rarely straight to begin with.

4. Member
    I would still borrow a 23 or 24p tempest+. That aluminum 21p you are running will not give any lift. It would not hurt to try!!!