New guy looking for some insight on a new boat

New guy from west michigan looking for some insight on a new boat, currently looking at possible new nitro z20 skeeter zx200 and a triton trx 20 need some opinions has anyone owned these? I currently have an 01 tr-17

2. Member
    Really not sure on the zx or nitro never owned either or rode in either

3. Member
    first thing I notice, right off the bat. The Nitro and The Triton you listed are 20 footers rated for a 250 HP. The Skeeter is a 19 footer rated for a 200.

the Triton and Nitro are both owned by the same company and will come with Mercs. The Skeeter is owned by Yamaha and will come with an SHO Yamaha.

i have a 2017 model Zx200 and was initially only wanting an 18 footer. To me it's plenty of boat and I like the upgrades I got over the 18 footer. If you want a 20 footer compare the Zx225 (rated for 225 hp)or FX20 (rated for 250).

4. Member
    Those are just the boats in stock at my dealers I really like the zx200 especially since its the cheapest do you like yours so far?

The zx200 will be a very nice rig for you

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Layout of the deck is most important to me then the price point vs features, saving money is good unless your giving up something you want. Just make sure that the zx fits the way and where you fish. If it doesn't don't settle. My 20' nitro z8 with 250 has been an amazing thing for me and I saved $$$$ over my other options. Decision is yours.

other things to keep in mind having 36v troller and dual anchors on say the zx200 would be a mistake in my mind. 24v is fine. But if you must have 36 and anchors get 225-250 hp.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    Ya I'm not a fan of power poles or talons but an ultrex would be a must