SE Sport 400 No Drill or SE300 Hydrofoil for 60HP Mercury which is better?

SE Sport 400 No Drill or SE300 Hydrofoil for 60HP Mercury which is better I have difficult getting on plane with live well full and thought this might help out. The boat is a 2017 TXW 175 60 HP Merc, so if I get SE300 I would have to get kit to make it no drill as well for warranty purposes. Please advise pros and cons and maybe something better. Thanks in advance guys as always..

Primey

I can't help you with the foil. But have you tried a 13p Spitfire four blade prop. You can't load that boat heavy enough to not get on plane with that problem. Three batteries for live well to people in a tournament load of fishing gear. That prop will have you on plane in less than five seconds.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    Thanks for info Gatorglen will this not void the warranty of the motor. If not I will look into these instead. Thanks.. Primey

4. Member
    I bought the same prop GatorGlenn is speaking about (on his recommendation) for mine and I swear my hole shot is twice as good and the handling of the boat is night and day. It's a great investment that you would be very happy with!

There may be cases where a foil is the last resort, but most times problems can be worked out with prop change, engine height change, load change. You do not specify what problems you are having, engine luging or engine over reving are two totally different problems and can require different corrections.

6. Member
    Boat is hard to get on plane with live well full of fish etc. Takes 30-40 seconds way to long with the 3 blade prop is the issue I am having Skeeterbait. Looks like I am ordering 13 pitch 4 blade Gator Glenn suggested it will work on TXW 175 60HP Mercury 2017 model correct. I really appreciate the help guys and will let you know how it runs when I get it on ..
    Primey

Yes, pm sent

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Mine came with the 13p spitfire and my boat is on plane as quick or quicker than any other boat Ive owned
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

9. Member
    Foils are a waste IMHO. 4 blade spitfire is the way to go..It will improve everything!
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p