Helix losing source connection

I have new Helix 12 Chirp units connected via Ethernet with only one transducer - after a few minutes of running the sonar on the unit sharing the transducer I get a message "lost 2d source"...does the same with SI and DI and reverts to the map view. I can go back to sonar and after a few minutes it repeats the same error message and always goes back to the map view.

anyone have this issue? Suggestions?

2. Member
    Is this while the unit with transducer attached is working normally? Make sure you have sonar turned off on the unit without transducer attached.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Yes the unit with transducer is running normally, I have them Ethernet connected and networked so I can run sonar on both units.

I had something similar happening on my units. I found a dead port on my ethernet hub .. Moved cable to different port and no more issues

5. Member
    Do you have SONAR turned off on the unit without transducer attached? Might check Ethernet connection to make sure not loose.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    If you've had other machines, or swapped things around on that network - you might have to call a HB CS person to walk you thru the IP address rest sequence.

I am wondering if you are not powering up the source unit long enough before trying to tap into it from the other.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/