GPSMAP 7410xsv: Can't Switch Between 8-Pin and 12-Pin Transducers

I have two transducers connected to my 7410xsv. I can only see one of them and I need to unplug it to see my other one.

Can't believe Garmin would design these units this way. Is there a way to switch between two connected transducers?
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

2. Member
    What transducers are they exactly and are you running the newest software?

Both things make a difference in how or how well it works.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    Yes, I'm running the latest software, just actually updated it over the weekend. Transducers are GM-15M (shoot through hull) and GT-50.

I was only able to find one other post concerning this, while it was a bit dated it sounded like you cannot switch between transducers that are connected to the 8-pin and 12-pin terminals.

Really?

4. Banned
    I've not been able to figure out how to change which transducer is being used on certain combo screens. I also have GT15 and GT52 and a 7608xsv.

When you say "switch between" what specifically are you trying to accomplish? Like switch between the 15 and 50 for 2d sonar or DV?

5. Member
    The only way I can actually use the GT15 (on my 8-pin connector) is to disconnect the GT50 (on my 12-pin connector), regardless of which type of screen I'm on.

If I plug the GT50 back in then the GT15 disappears.

6. Member
    For a long time I ran a GT8 and GT50. When I set up a combo screen I would choose a panel - ONE panel for Traditional sonar. Then make it split frequency. That let me see both transducers 2d at the same time.

When I did the comparison of the GT15 and TM150 (both 8 pin). I ran one of them though the 8-12 pin adapter cable so both could be plugged up at the same time. Then I did the same thing. Traditional Sonar - Split Frequency. Then the left side of the screen was one of them and the right side the other one.

May not be what you are talking about doing, but I'm not sure what you want to do.

When I am running multiple transducers and networked units , I go to the sonar screen, press MENU->Sonar Setup->and then choose Source. Is that what you are looking for?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    The only way I can actually use the GT15 (on my 8-pin connector) is to disconnect the GT50 (on my 12-pin connector), regardless of which type of screen I'm on.

If I plug the GT50 back in then the GT15 disappears.
    That sounds like a hardware issue. I'd contact Garmin.

8. Member
    I switch mine (ps72 and GT50) through menu selections, I use the ps72 for high speed depth readings (The GT15 was not available yet).
    From a 2d screen, touch the menu option. Within the Sonar Menu enter sonar setup - this should give you a list of all transducers that are available. On mine I see dual frequency (ps72, GT50 and gpsmap 7610 (with its attached gt50). I select the dual freq and it's currently set to 200.

Make sure your setup is not on auto. Had some early issues when I had the ps72 freq set to 83 with depth issues (I think due to the GT50).

Also make sure you are shutting down via the MFD and not by turning off the power (some changes will not be saved by killing the power).
    Last edited by catmantwo; 08-14-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

9. Member
    In response to the above questions, when I go to Menu/Sonar Setup/Source, the GT15 is not there, unless I unplug the GT50. I'm not using auto. I have a call into Garmin and they're stumped as well but researching.

10. Member
    Garmin has not figured this out yet. Any other thoughts? Are the 8-pin and 12-pin circuits completely independent or can I be overloading some inherent limitations of the 7410xsx with these two particular transducers?

The GM15M-IH is a single mid-band T while the GT-50-TM is a dual mid-band T. It seems like the GT-50-TM is overriding the GT15-IH. When both are plugged in, I can only see the GT-50-TM.

11. Banned
    That should not be the case. If both are not working simultaneously then something is wrong with the unit or one of the transducers.

12. Member
    Your 7410 should work identical to my 7610. As far as I know the only difference is that the 7610 comes with maps pre-installed.

I'm not sure as to exactly what you mean on switching transducers. There are two scenarios that come to mind. I will attempt to cover them both.

Scenario 1. Viewing the 2d of both transducers at the same time.
    The implementation of seeing two-2d sonars at the same time comes through the split-frequency sub-function.
    Keep it simple. Set up a new "Combo". Choose the single pane as the layout. Choose Traditional Sonar, then finish it. You should have a display of 1 of the transducers displaying 2d sonar, probably the GT15. Then press Menu and choose Change Sonar. Choose Split frequency. Then get out. Now in the one panel you should have two 2d sonars one from the GT15 and one from the GT50.

Scenario 2. Viewing one 2d sonar and wanting to change the screen to the other 2d sonar.
    From HOME choose SONAR then TRADITIONAL. One of them will be displayed. To change to the other one, press MENU, then FREQUENCY. On the Frequency menu should show the frequencies you have manually set up for each transducer previously and the CHIRP option.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

13. Member
    It's Option 2 I'm struggling with, I haven't even tried Option 1. Thanks for the explanation on Option 2. Per the prior posts, I've been trying to switch transducers by going to MENU/SONAR SETUP/SOURCE. It sounds like I have to go to MENU/FREQUENCY.

14. Member
    That was my mistake. I run networked units and the Source business shows up on networked units.

Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    It's Option 2 I'm struggling with, I haven't even tried Option 1. Thanks for the explanation on Option 2. Per the prior posts, I've been trying to switch transducers by going to MENU/SONAR SETUP/SOURCE. It sounds like I have to go to MENU/FREQUENCY.
    Yes, with a GT15 and GT50, you do go to Frequency to switch 2D sources between transducers (they are both single CHIRP). Dual CHIRP is supported using the two single band transducers. For any combination of transducers other than single CHIRP, you would have to go to the Source menu under Sonar Setup.
    Garmin Pro Team

16. Member
    OK, good news, hopefully I don't have an issue then other than User Error!

17. Banned

18. Member
    Thanks

19. Member
    Look deeper....took a lot of looking and playing, but I have a gt52 for si and trad sonar...mounted on back of boat. Gt22 on the tm for down imaging.

20. Member
    Oops...looks like Troy got it.