Dead MK Terrova I Pilot

I had my Terrova die on me yesterday after about an hour of fishing. Unit is 2 yrs old and have had 0 issues with unit. We have checked the voltage up to the circuit board and showing 24 volts up to board with leads unhooked from board. When we hook leads back up voltage drops to 5 volts. Power light on panel doesn't even come on.
    Question is have I lost the board or something else going on.
    also Pedal or Remote doesn"t work

2. Member
    Better check your batteries. You probably have a bad cell in one of the batteries. Check voltage. Even though your charger says it is good not necessary true. Check voltage.

3. Member
    ky. Might be something as simple as the switch that shuts it off. Call Minn Kota/Humminbird and they will set you in the right direction. Bob

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Voltage dropping under load might indicate a bad connection someplace. Measure at the connector. You might also check that the prop spins freely by hand and that there is no line or anything caught behind the prop.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    thanks for the ideas ,,, We checked both batteries voltage , was showing 12.6 and 12.5 on them . Actually took to NAPA and load checked both batteries . They checked good
    We unhooked the foot pedal to eliminate that. still having same problem.
    Just took it to service center . Rep said more than likely is the control board is bad.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ky2200 View Post
    thanks for the ideas ,,, We checked both batteries voltage , was showing 12.6 and 12.5 on them . Actually took to NAPA and load checked both batteries . They checked good
    We unhooked the foot pedal to eliminate that. still having same problem.
    Just took it to service center . Rep said more than likely is the control board is bad.
    Batteries would be suspect at those voltages, but likely not the source of your problem. 12.5 is only 90% charged. The should be discharged evenly during use, so 0.1V difference is a problem.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    Well, after being at the service shop 2 weeks, They reported the motor run fine after hooking it up to external 24 volt system in the shop .. I take it home , install it back on the boat and still had the same thing .. Could check voltage with the leads unhooked from circuit board and had 25.6 volts . Hook it back up board and check it from terminal
    to terminal, get 5.6 volts but no power indication to motor. Long story short , we found the problem to be my 12/24 v female plug in front deck to be issue. We just jumpered the 2 batteries in back to output 1 set of leads 24v to plug in front deck. we used the top 2 terminals on plug. now working great. The plug checks good with meter but will not carry the current to the motor. Hope this helps someone if run into same problem.

8. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    I'd check the fuse in it first, might just be blown
    see you got it fixed