Thread: Cane piles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Alive View Post
    +1 No offence to the poster but I agree that is not what I would call cain. All my pics are in photo bucket so I can not post them anymore but cain is very thin and you would almost think it was just electrical interference on the screen.
    Would you be willing to text me a couple pics? I'm curious to what it looks like.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

The ones done best just look like a bait school almost.
    The best ones are now being made to not be detectable on the imaging.
    There is a lot of ingenuity on doing so down my way.
    Lee Harville - North Augusta, SC
    Boat Sold, looking for first cat -
    classic, P2, or Caracal

3. Member
    When they are new and have their leaves, they are easy to see.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinagreenhead View Post
    Would you be willing to text me a couple pics? I'm curious to what it looks like.
    Next time I'm out I'll try to remember to snap a pic on my phone.

5. Member
    6 at most and they are mostly small spots nowadays. The good old days are long gone for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    Back in the day we used to put out 50+ piles a year and you were lucky to get 5 piles that would hold good fish. Their were less than 10 of us (on Hartwell) that put piles out and ran the topwater bite. We used cain because it was a little more challenging to find but not impossible. Since 2010ish, everybody is doing it. In the beginning people would just follow you to find the piles. Now people are putting them out but I am convinced the lake is overly saturated with cain and other hardwoods. The more brush that is on a place just spreads out the school. Now they can be more picky about what they eat because they don't have as much competition living with them. Back in the day, you would have an explosion of about 15 fish come up when your bait came over a pile. Now its more like 6.

Benny Rigney

6. Member
    Less is best and I will leave it at that......

7. Member
    Yeah, agree. Not Cane Piles. Cane very thin lines with maybe a bush type look at the top. VERY hard to see on side scan, can only see if you turn sensitivity way up and know exactly what you are looking for. My best advice is to find one that you can physically see and know is a Cane Pile then circle it and go over it till you know for sure what you are looking for. That is how I figured it out for sure.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250 / 250SHO
    Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12