Question Running lines/hoses for new powerpoles on skeeter zx225

Not sure if this has been posted and answered yet, or at least I haven't seen it if is has been. I have a '02 Skeeter zx225 and I was thinking of just drilling/cutting holes to run the hoses into the battery compartment. If anyone else has done this, what size holes would I need to cut and what is the best way to go about it. Also what did you use to protect the hoses as they pass through the holes (something like a grommet) and where would be a good place to get such items? Thanks for the help as I hope this will help others as well.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If your talking the new 2.0 poles, you will need a 3/4" holesaw. The grommets are pre installed on the hoses already. Drilling the holes for the hoses is very commen practice. (Nothing new here). Id say it is done this way on 95 percent of applications.

3. Member
    Yes I am referring to the new 2.0 ones. Thanks for the info on the size for the holes. I probably didn't word it the best when I said grommets, just couldn't think of another term to use. What is the best option to use in the holes to protect the hose from rubbing on the fiberglass edge? Also, I would like to have a nice clean look to it after installation. Thank you again for the input.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    As stated above the grommets are preinstalled already on the hoses so you simply drill your holes feed the line thru and run the grommet down to the hole and push in. Making a nice clean install. Did you already purchase poles?

5. Member
    Oh nice, that is great. Thought I was going to have to pick something up to do the install. Yes I already have the powerpoles, just didn't open them yet as I am still doing some other stuff to the boat. I didn't know they included those with the new 2.0 ones. Guess I should have opened them up and checked inside first lol. Thank you again, you have been a big help.