Thread: True or False??

True or False??

If you have a stock prop worked is it TRUE that you are more likely to sling a blade??

2. Member
    False......

3. Member
    Depends on what stock prop is going to be worked.

A40/A45 Tempest? True.

4. Member
    False

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    False
    False on the a40/45 comment?

6. Member
    That prop breaks because it's made thin to start with not because it's been worked. That's why they made them thicker on the next series which was the A 46 which was slow as hell then they reworked them and came out with the A 47 series. Unless the prop is real bad they don't grind or remove any metal unless you have it B&B.

7. Member
    My experience says otherwise. I had an a45 23 that never had an issue till it was worked. Slung a blade a few hours after being worked.

Currently have a A40 25 that has a bunch of miles on it. Currently on my boat now.

2 prop guys mentioned on here frequenrly... both agreed that most likely it would come apart if I had it worked. Both agreed the risk is much greater when a 40 or 45 is worked.

8. Member
    False . I have a 27 trophy that has over 500 hrs on it that has been worked 3 times in 9 years and still running 80 plus with it . In 35 years of owning bass boats every prop I have had went to a prop shop and had B&B . I have never lost a blade yet .