Boat will not fit in garage

My ZX202C likes about 6-8" from being able to close the garage door completely. What are the disadvantages of moving the bow roller/wench toward the front 6-8"? Will I have trouble pulling the boat with the increased tongue weight? Will it be harder to load? Has anyone else done this?

Thanks

I don't see much difference in the way it's gonna haul...seems like it would be a little different to load but just that small amount forward I don't think it would make much difference....I moved a toon up about 2 feet on its trailer and couldn't tell any difference at all... Big difference in a pontoon and bass boat I know but couldn't tell much difference on the tongue weight anyway...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Make a bump out in the back of the garage. I have seen people cut a hole in the back wall just wide enough to fit the motor in. Then on the outside they box it in. Once completed it will look like a mini storage closet on the outside of your garage. There was also a BBC member whose boat when parked in the garage was against a wall of his house. His motor was next to the laundry room. He cut a hole in the wall and backed his boat in. His motor was sitting in between the washer and dryer. He repaired the drywall where he cut the hole. If you were in the laundry room all you saw was a area boxed in. Inside the area was his motor...if there is a will there is a way.

4. Banned
    I take it you don't have a fold away tong on the trailer. That maybe a better option instead of knocking the walls down. Look at some trailers with fold away tongs and see if that is something that can be done to yours.

5. Member
    I'd be careful about shifting weights on a trailer. They really do have to be balanced within certain specs. I assume the boat doesn't fit with the motor trimmed down as well? If you don't have a breakaway tongue, I have heard of people that have had it done aftermarket.