Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Even if it leaks a little it is not a big deal. If you have a leak you need to fix it but it will not sink your boat and will not cause any damage to an aluminum transom. I would definitely check it while you are on the water the first time or two.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tnbassin View Post
    You guys got me a bit worried. I used my torque wrench on all the bolts including the ones that tie the jack plate to the transom and also the motor to the jackplate. I hope I didn't turn the bolt enough to cause a leak. I didn't think of that when I was doing it. I torqued all the 1/2" bolts to 50lbs and the 3/8" bolts to 40lbs torque using my torque wrench. They were definitely all loose compared to what I torqued them to.
    If they end up leaking (which they probably won't) it's vey easy to take them out one by one, clean the silicone or 4200 off, and put some more on. Really no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Where can those locking washers be purchased?
    Believe it or not, Walmart online as well as others.
    Ripp-Lock seems to work just as well and can be bigger diameter to spread the load.
    Think what would happen in this country if the many stopped fearing the few.

2015 RT 178 w/70hp Yamaha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12