USA OK, Who went to the FLW today and your opinion?

Like I said, I went on the first day to look around and see what they had. I will go back late Sunday afternoon and see if I can get any good deals on some of the gear I saw today. Other than that, it was ok and this is my third FLW expo, all here in Columbia. Kind of disappointed, I expected to see a lot more tackle vendors and boats. I have been to four B.A.S.S. Classic expo's, and they were really great, I was hoping todays expo would be better than the last two, NOT!

If you go, some vendors you may want to look at:
    Great Outdoors - They had a decent selection of Shooter jigs, even though I was looking for some Katch-her jigs I did pick up a card of six jigs for $18.00.
    ALX Rods - was there, and had a decent selection of rods.
    Cashion Rods - Had a good selection of rods on sale for $170, but I was a Sportsman Warehouse last Staurday and they had theirs for $179 not on sale.
    Costa Sunglasses - had a good selection, going back to get a pair of Permits with the plastic lens and replace them with my prescription lens. Under $190 with the plastic lens.
    Soft Plastics - Lots of soft plastic vendors, some companies I never heard of. But there was one vendor that I will go back to and try some of there worms.

Finally, saw some friends and a couple of BBC'ers looking around also. A couple were working the booths to my surprise. They also are having a BBQ contest outside the bldg., and there were plenty of bbq stands set up if you get hungry. All I wanted was a hotdog and a Pepsi, three bucks for each.

Later guys, be safe and take care out there....
    Last edited by usmc03; 08-11-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks for the info. Was planning on going tomorrow.....

3. Gray
    Going tomorrow

I'm here all weekend. Went to the expo today as well and I'm of the same opinion. I wasn't impressed at all. Classic was way better.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

Guess I'll stay home. Wanted to get a new Cashion but if their $170 I can get them cheaper through TW with my 10% discount.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamey1e View Post
    Guess I'll stay home. Wanted to get a new Cashion but if their $170 I can get them cheaper through TW with my 10% discount.
    That is why I am going back Sunday near closing, see if the Cashion guy will drop the rods down some, instead of dragging them back to NC.

I have been to ar lease four flw expos and a few classics. This is probably the worst yet. I didn't see any deals at all. Maybe some of the vendors will discount some stuff Sunday afternoon. I was really surprised at the lack of tackle vendors.

8. Member
    I went today. The AC was out all morning in there. Place was like a sauna. Its okay but no where near as good as the Classic expo was at Greenville
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

Quote Originally Posted by usmc03 View Post
    ALX Rods - was there, and had a decent selection of rods.
    Decent selection? Man, we had over 40 models on hand and each model we make was in stock. Next time be sure to introduce yourself - or if you did, I didn't hear your BBC handle! Got cleaned out Sunday... you sure could tell the A/C was on!
    Last edited by cidgrad; 08-13-2017 at 08:48 PM.

10. Member
    I went back Sunday, checked out the Cashion guys, still asking $170. Then I went down to the ALX setup, some young heavy set young man trying to sell me a rod worm/jig rod for $200. Same price as it was on Friday, what deal? And I was gonna pay cash.

I went back Sunday, checked out the Cashion guys, still asking $170. Then I went down to the ALX setup, some young heavy set young man trying to sell me a rod worm/jig rod for $200. Same price as it was on Friday, what deal? And I was gonna pay cash.
    The rod you were interested in retails at $220 - $230... so it was being offered at 10-15% off normal price. We covered tax on cash sales since there was no CC fee. We consider that a fair deal.
    We don't discount rods more than our we allow our retailers. Not really right to do that.
    I guess you weren't interested in the $100 rods... or the $130 rods we had to offer, which are excellent as well. Maybe next time!

12. Member
    Doubtful...

13. Member
    Doubtful...
    Just curious as to why you think you're entitled to an additional discount on a great product that is already being discounted?

Everyone want to claim they support small local business and made in the USA until it's time to pull out the wallet.

Ive got alx rods. And one alx custom rod. All are under priced in my opinion

15. Member
    I already have two zolos, I got under $200, what can I say?

16. Member
    First off ....... Saturday ......... can you imagine those folks having to wear those Turtle costumes???? You KNOW it had to be Turtle Stew inside those things!!!!

As for this year's FLW Expo ....... like all of y'all already said, I too was not impressed. The 2014 event was much better ........ but still nether was as good as any of the Classics I've attended.

I will say, I got to talk to the Lowrance folks and found a solution that finally WORKS as far as me getting interference from my trolling motor. And I finally got to talk to someone with StrikeKing about sending a bunch of Redeye Shads back that have warped. And lastly, I got to catch up with a few buddies that I ran into there. Other than that ........ that was it.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

17. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    I was there Sat and Sunday. Overall was not impressed. Did say hello to some folks I have met in the past and known and did buy products. I did stop by the ALX booth as well. They had a great selection of rods and at different price points. I'm kicking myself for not bringing home the Brawler that I picked up. I currently have 5 ALX rods with 2 of them being Deputys. Talked with Alex the owner and can only say good things about him and the product he is turning out. I will have at least 2 more of the ALX by the end of the year.

18. Member
    I went Sunday bought a pro tech kit. Joe and his wife seemed very nice. I did not like how crammed I felt walking around inside. It seemed like I could not see everything, along with the hidden rooms. Glad I bought the Pro tect products since I didn't win the Ranger 521c.

19. Member
    Hey, there's the Classic Expo in Greenville next year, looking forward for that one. Did anyone else besides me see a booth that was selling Megabass 110's for $40. I swear I saw some that had $40 stickers on them. And I do regret not getting the tungsten wts that a friend was pushing at his sponsors booth.

Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    The rod you were interested in retails at $220 - $230... so it was being offered at 10-15% off normal price. We covered tax on cash sales since there was no CC fee. We consider that a fair deal.
    We don't discount rods more than our we allow our retailers. Not really right to do that.
    I guess you weren't interested in the $100 rods... or the $130 rods we had to offer, which are excellent as well. Maybe next time!
    Sounds fair to me, guess you can't win em all.

I'd love to have a chance at a discounted Dragger. Should have bought one on the last TW sale.