Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    thought better eh?

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by dlewis10 View Post
    My apologies, I assumed wrong. Being a Cowboys fan for 40+ years, you kind of get a little stereotypical. Sorry for assuming.
    Understand..

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    thought better eh?
    yeah, My thoughts on the woman involved in this are not good. I thought better of what I'd written. Long story short, I side with Elliott, as his credibility is MILES above hers. This girl is not at all credible. I'd better leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    So much for the theory here where people said this was about one incident when is obviously was not. So much for this happening before he was a Cowboy also.
    Lol....passist aggressive much?
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 08-11-2017 at 07:06 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    The "hood" comments may not be appropriate here but being from an affluent family doesn't necessarily mean a kid has a good upbringing. Lots of rich folk who are terrible at raising kids and lots of rich kids who are delinquents.
    Johnny Football or whatever that kid's name was.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by music man View Post
    A small chant for your new leader- Cutler...Cutler...Cutler
    Nope, I'm a Bucs fan...so out QB situation is all good...

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Lol....passist aggressive much?
    Spin it baby.

It was about more than one incident as I said and you took issue with.... Pretty clear. I thought you were "out" on my comments anyway? Not my fault your stuff was way off on both the incidents and the time frame. Where was that info about it being one incident that you referred to earlier?

This place is king of passive-aggressive comments.

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    Spin it baby.

It was about more than one incident as I said and you took issue with.... Pretty clear. I thought you were "out" on my comments anyway? Not my fault your stuff was way off on both the incidents and the time frame. Where was that info about it being one incident that you referred to earlier?

This place is king of passive-aggressive comments.
    Last word.

10. Member
    I agree about innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. But...this is an employer (the NFL) creating and enforcing rules on it's employees (the players). An employer has every right to expect a certain behavior from his employees. In this situation the "boss" calls the shots. You don't like the rules...maybe should work somewhere else.

11. Member
    No single player will be the downfall of any Team, it is the aggregate that matters most. No difference than if a player went down for the season due to injury. The Raiders were in this situation last year but I think their demise was because the TEAM bought into the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I still can't see how you suspend a guy for an incident that was ruled did not happen after a police investigation PRIOR to him becoming an NFL player. Tunstall was not suspended despite video of him using a gas mask as a bong that came out of draft day, Mixon will not get 6 games off after he was drafted this year etc. Just have some consistency is all I ask.

Cowboys will be fine those 6 games and again it is what it is but just have some consistency.
    Never apologize for something you "did not" do....

13. Banned
    He is what he is. You lay down with dogs you will get up with fleas. Do not know if he did anything but just too much happens with his name coming up. If he or any man has to hit or put his hands on a woman then he should be dragged out and disposed of. Sure there are times they need a good old a-- whooping but not by a man. I remember in high school, it was not the guys you had to worry about, it was the females. The Cowboys are always taking in misfits it seems anyway. Remember when Irvin was doing drug deals on video with kids??? He should have been banned for life but, it is America and some are overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    He is what he is. You lay down with dogs you will get up with fleas. Do not know if he did anything but just too much happens with his name coming up. If he or any man has to hit or put his hands on a woman then he should be dragged out and disposed of. Sure there are times they need a good old a-- whooping but not by a man. I remember in high school, it was not the guys you had to worry about, it was the females. The Cowboys are always taking in misfits it seems anyway. Remember when Irvin was doing drug deals on video with kids??? He should have been banned for life but, it is America and some are overlooked.
    Cowboys can be frustrating to root for as a fan with some of the players they sign. I agree on most points and for sure Irvin had issues. I will say I lived right here in DFW during the Irvin years and followed the court stuff with him. Don't recall any such video at all with kids. Got a link?

15. Banned
    The video was made from a undercover video being made from the backseat of a car by a undercover cop wearing a camera. Irvin was in the front passenger seat and kids were coming up to his window which was down. Saw it when he was in all that mess.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345