Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Yes also the height of the .. Looking at some of the man cave pics 10' might night fit a standard garage door unless you have a custom door for your garage .. Or some guys have a separate poll barn with high overhead doors ...

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenRanger364V View Post
    But the real question is why are they running 8' when they can get 10' for free? Doesn't make sense to me either.
    From personal experience the 10 footers flex way to much. Same amount of flex if you are in 2 feet or 8 feet. Even the 8 footers flex but not near as much as the 10 footers.

3. Member
    I bought 10's and love em' Yes they stick up, but if you go under something low just lower them down a bit. They go back before they really go down, so if the motor will fit so will the poles. They also extend wider than 8's so the boat is more stable and doesn't twist in the wind. It's all personal money and preference but there is no way I'd have 8's after having 10's. It's like getting a 225 when your boat is rated for a 250. I've also never heard mine bouncing around on the boat and I fish the great lakes. That sounds like a more serious issue.

4. Member
    I have owned 8' pp and now own 12' talons. I also fish deep small lakes alot and would chose talons agin no questions I think the advantage of not having your rear compartment jammed full with pumps and also no one driving by seeing you poled down is worth it. Not really sure of the performance difference in my boat but I like my talons. Jmho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12