Salamonie kicked my ass again

Went out tonight after work, caught one drum on a jig. Sunday evening we did pretty well, today I fished all new area's and never had a bite. I can't figure the lake out this year. Both mississenwa and salamonie have a ton of baitfish schools, and every fish looks stuffed to the gills when you catch them.

At least I eliminated water for the tournament I'm fishing there saturday. Of course I eliminated most of the lake.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post

At least I eliminated water for the tournament I'm fishing there saturday. Of course I eliminated most of the lake.
    Sounds like all of my pre-fishing.

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    In all the years I fished Salamonie while I lived in Marion, I never did do really well there. Missy on the other hand was really good to me.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    In all the years I fished Salamonie while I lived in Marion, I never did do really well there. Missy on the other hand was really good to me.
    Salamonie has better avg size, but it is a weird bite. Fish seem to disappear for weeks, for no apparent reason. Can be tons of bait, and never see them getting eaten. Then one day the whole lake seems to have biting fish.

Hell was June before I caught a keeper this year. Was fantastic the drought year, caught more 3-5lb fish than anywhere else in this state in my life.