Ranger rt188 vs Triton TX 18

Are the triton's running cheaper price wise than the rangers?
    Rt188's jumped up in price for 2018. Did Triton do the same?
    Looking at the two of them I think I like the Triton better.
    It's hard to find either one in stock in my area.

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Check out the equipment each comes with, Ranger generally a little more but will come equipped better to start.

3. Member
    Similar but not exactly the same. If you like the Triton better it will be a little cost a little less.

4. Member
    Tri-County marine in Granite Falls NC has several in stock with different motor combinations, check them out on the web if it's not to far a drive for you. I am not affiliated with them in any way, just a very satisfied customer.

Same hull. Same flotation. Same workmanship in people building it....etc.

A simple way to see it is that basic construction is the same. Things you can see like seats, console and the trailer are different.

One caveat....I'm not sure what trailer comes on the Triton nowadays. I am not a fan of hollow tube trailers if that is what they have now. They can hold moisture and rust. Look at ALL the quality built glass boats....Ranger, Skeeter, Phoenix, etc. etc. etc........... They all have C channel trailers to my knowledge. If they were building a 70K glass boat, I think they would put it on the best style trailer that they can....and they are C channel ones. So look at the trailer and see what you are buying to be sure. I think the boats would ride, drive and fish exactly the same .....and that is a good thing. They do these things very well.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Not sure about this year but in years past a C channel trailer upgrade was available for the Triton.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

7. Member
    I sat behind the console of both before purchasing my TX18 and I liked the console better on the triton for me since Im 6'3". There was nothing wrong with the console on the 188 but for me the console was easier to climb in and out on the triton!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggs247 View Post
    I sat behind the console of both before purchasing my TX18 and I liked the console better on the triton for me since Im 6'3". There was nothing wrong with the console on the 188 but for me the console was easier to climb in and out on the triton!!
    I see you are from Virginia, same here. Where did you go for the Triton? Only place I've found in VA is Martinsville or Richmond.

9. Member
    Got my TX 18 from Carolina Coach and Marine in Hickory (Claremont), NC...great people to deal with

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobeonh20 View Post
    I see you are from Virginia, same here. Where did you go for the Triton? Only place I've found in VA is Martinsville or Richmond.
    Got mine from anglers choice in Martinsville!!

Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    Not sure about this year but in years past a C channel trailer upgrade was available for the Triton.
    The c channel trailer is an option on the triton which on non galvanized steel would be preferred raw steel inside isnt good. That being said I too like the dash of the Triton better based on looks they have nicer gauges more modern looking vs the old style Faria gauges but nothing wrong with those either.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.