Losing "Strength" XR6

2003 XR S/N : 0T748240
    Oil pump system has been removed and I mix my own oil. Been running 50:1 since I bought

So over the last year or so I have noticed that my motor just isn't running as strong as it used to.
    Currently I am running a 22p Solas to 5300-5400 RPM's to 53ish WOT... Even with everything the same I used to see closer to 58.

That was acceptable since hole shot was still there, even fully loaded.

The biggest issue was this past weekend. I got up and ran no problem. Around 10am I just couldn't get up on plane anymore. No mas

I would try and punch it and it would wind up to about 2600rpm and 8.5 MPH and nothing will sit there until the motor overheat alarm would go off since its not able to pump water through.

Here's what I have done so far.

Brand new gas
    Replaced Fuel Filter (old one was used but looked decent enough)
    Checked plugs, they looked fine and sparked okay. (Will still be replacing all of them)

I will be checking the compression this weekend.

Should I have the carbs cleaned and tuned?
    Is there anything else that someone who has moderate mechanical skills can check?
    I appreciate any help or direction.

Thank you,
    04' Nitro NX882DC
    150 Merc XR6 21P Trophy
    12' Talon
    LMS- 552C & Hook 9 Bow - Elite 5 Stern

2. Member
    Just some more info.

Motor Idles and starts fine. (Little tough on cold mornings but what carb motor isnt?) I will say though though it might be a little tougher recently, but normally isn't an issue.
    04' Nitro NX882DC
    150 Merc XR6 21P Trophy
    12' Talon
    LMS- 552C & Hook 9 Bow - Elite 5 Stern

3. Member
    Check the electronics. Sounds like the high speed side of the stator went bad.

4. Member
    Compression and leak down tests.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!