Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    I believe Stratos boats have gone since being bought by JM.
    I always forget about them but their site doesnt look like it.

http://www.stratosboats.com/index.cfm
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Member
    Stratos is still in the showrooms.

I agree reed about all the doom and gloom being laughable. But then all the doom and gloom is coming from the folks that truly believe you cannot catch a fish if you use a nitro or tracker or use BPS brand merchandise.

3. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Stratos is still in the showrooms.

I agree reed about all the doom and gloom being laughable. But then all the doom and gloom is coming from the folks that truly believe you cannot catch a fish if you use a nitro or tracker or use BPS brand merchandise.
    Thats for sure. We managed to hook 100+ bass at clearlake several trips in a row this summer in our pile of crap Tracker. Amazing the fish never seemed to know any different and we had just as much fun as my cousin in his rt188 right next to us. Because his is a Ranger it was being perfect tho.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Why does everyone automatically go to this attitude towards it? Look how much stuff JM has bought out and how much dtuff has shut down? ZERO. Honestly as far as looking at Ranger tins especially they have gotten better. The trailers look better with a full step in the rear with a better style grommet mount light all factory. Much cleaner and alot heavier looking and a FULLY WELDED winch stand on the trailer. No more cracked stands another quality improvement. More functional passenger rod holder the original left alot to be desired thats why I sold so many of mine lol. Then look at the rt198p? That is a badass boat probly the nicest in its class right now and thats after the buyout so yep things are looking down alright.
    Why? Because bagging on those that are successful, and especially more successful that you, is the new American Way.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Thats for sure. We managed to hook 100+ bass at clearlake several trips in a row this summer in our pile of crap Tracker. Amazing the fish never seemed to know any different and we had just as much fun as my cousin in his rt188 right next to us. Because his is a Ranger it was being perfect tho.
    I heard that if you graph fish in a Tracker you can actually see them sticking their noses in the air.

From what I understand stratos isn't dead yet but production has stopped after this year.

I don't think a one man monopoly is good in any industry. He will eliminate the competition and make it easier to manipulate pricing and we will all have less choices to choose from. Stratos is done, Legend will be next, and within 5 years Triton will be out. He will have the Nitro/Tracker and Ranger brands. And if he doesn't use the molds or designs for those two brands he will destroy them before he will sell them to a would be competitor. Personally I'd love to buy the Stratos brand and molds and revive it.

9. Banned
    I remember years ago the motor companies decided to get into the boat business, buying several brands. If memory serves me, that didn't last very long. We shall see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12