Solix 15, transducer problem

The transducer will just stop working while fishing,or scanning. Have to turn unit off,an back on several times a day. What's going on

2. Member
    Mine would do same thing, but it would be when I would get on plane sometimes the transducer would just lock up and freeze and not come back on when I would stop to scan. Either had to restart or restore factory sonar settings which meant I had to redo all my settings several times a day. Tried new transducer which did same thing so they just sent me new unit last week, so I am going to try that this weekend. Hope it works right.

3. Member
    That's what humminbird told me to do. An they said they've never heard of this problem. Yea,right. I've reset this thing so many times.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bencherry121 View Post
    Mine would do same thing, but it would be when I would get on plane sometimes the transducer would just lock up and freeze and not come back on when I would stop to scan. Either had to restart or restore factory sonar settings which meant I had to redo all my settings several times a day. Tried new transducer which did same thing so they just sent me new unit last week, so I am going to try that this weekend. Hope it works right.

You can save your settings to a sd card so you don't have to go through and reset your settings every time you have to restore defaults

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    You can save your settings to a sd card so you don't have to go through and reset your settings every time you have to restore defaults
    guess that could be a last resort, but when you pay $3,500 for a unit, you shouldn't have to restart it every time you move to scan another spot. Those things take forever to reboot. A lot of wasted time this year in tournaments.

Haven't heard anyone else having this issue .... You either have a power problem or a problem with the unit that you need to talk to Humminbird about.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

7. Member
    Well the number 1 question how is the unit wired? Direct to battery or through a fuse block using factory wires?
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    Well the number 1 question how is the unit wired? Direct to battery or through a fuse block using factory wires?
    mine is wired with 10 gauge straight to dedicated battery (bought 5th battery just for solix because I thought power might be issue at first, also soldered wires) but power should not be issue I have good voltage. Please enlighten me on how to get better voltage then that..

Better give HB a call.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

10. Member
    Tried out new unit today and all is good, no transducer locking up anymore.