Percy Priest Lake

My son is an engineer for Nissan. currently working in the Canton plant in Ms. he has been approached about a possible move to Smyrna plant. that's ok with me as long as the fishing is okay at P.P lake. Since his mother and i will certainly be visiting him from time to time my main concern is that lake still a decent fishery? i have fished Old hickory several times but never Percy Priest. What's the lake like? he currently live pretty close to Ross Barnett lake and fishing is one of the things we have in common.If he does take the job he will be looking for a home near water. Any info will be appreciated!

2. Member
    I'd take Percy Priest over Old Hickory any day. Until they let the grass come back, and stock FL strain LM anyway lol.

3. Member
    I fish percy priest alot. This year has been tough. Due to wierd spring and vegetation no present. For me. It is a a rocky lake stay in channels when running and go slow whe you get out of channels. Good large and smallmouth, crappie
    . I would recommend a good guide 1st time out . Or pm me i would be happy to take you out and show you the lake and some spots i fish

4. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    My son is an engineer for Nissan. currently working in the Canton plant in Ms. he has been approached about a possible move to Smyrna plant. that's ok with me as long as the fishing is okay at P.P lake.
    Tell him to pack.

Percy Priest can be good. It is a heavy recreational use lake between Memorial Day and Labor Day. If you hit something underwater at Priest, it is going to be rock. Stay in the channel to navigate until one learns the lake. There are several excellent bass lakes/rivers within a two hour drive of Smyrna that will keep you busy fishing the rest of your life. Not to mention the small rivers like Caney Fork below Center Hill Dam that has trout.

Live 3 mins from one of the ramps. For the kind of pressure this lake gets it's pretty darn good. Plus within an hour and a half from it there are 10 - 12 really decent lakes and some super stars. Do a google earth an check it out. Old Hickory, Center Hill, Kentucky, Normandy, Woods Res, Tims Ford. Chickamuga (sp) Nickajack Cumberland River, Dale Hollow etc.
    I think there's a Squatch in these woods !
    "I rough talked em"