? Garmin Echomap 73 sv and 93sv

When switching between 2D, DV, and SV, is there history displayed? In other words, if you happen to be in 2D sonar and go over a brushpile, if you switch to SV can you see the image in SV or does it just pick up when you switched? My old Garmin with the GVC-10 only displayed the new data, you couldn't scroll back, so you might only see half of the brushpile.

2. Member
    It keeps recording... So if you have split screen up then change to all sidevu you don't lose what is on screen.. If undetstood the question correctly I don't know..
    I Believe in Catch & Release...
    Only when I don't have Witnesses..

3. Member
    To make my question clearer, using just the 2D screen you pass over some structure. You don't notice it until it's almost off the screen. If you switch to SV, can you scroll back and see all of the structure, or just what's still under the transducer when you switched. I believe with my GVC-10 set up you couldn't.

4. Member
    I see what your asking, and I dont know.. Will have to let someone else Chime in on this one.. I would have to look at it and try it before I answered.. I dont rememeber ever trying to rewind once I went over something and it was off the screen, after switching from 2d to the other.

Just curious- how are you liking the GVC-10? Assuming your running GT30 with it.. Ive got one on order and excited to try it out...

5. Member
    As I recall on my 93sv you get an image in the view you that are currently using. So switching from 2d to SV there would not be any history, and would be starting off fresh.

6. Member
    I don't have the GVC-10 anymore. It was an excellent unit, but I switched to a Lowrance so I could link up my Motorguide Xi5. Thinking of going back to Garmin as I don't like the color pallettes Lowrance has. I'm somewhat color blind, so that may be the reason.

7. Member
    Awesome.. Just hooking up gcv10 with 7607 and gt30 transducer.. Gonna see over weekend how it works out..