Even on weekdays Squam is BAD

Is it just me or ..... No one slows down when they approach another boat!!!

2. Member
    Yup, but I find the overall amount of boat traffic to be a lot less than Winni. There desperately needs to be some reform in the boater license program, too damn easy for these buffoons to own a license, and operate their boats dangerously for years and years...

I love the fact when they think if they are not on plane that it is considered no wake speed... These idiots put out bigger wakes in the no wake zones than out on the lake...

4. Banned
    Where is the enforcement ?
    There a lot of people that do not belong in boats . I had a boat go by me while fishing , almost knocked me overboard ,... yelled at operator(woman driver ) . Where is the game warden(s) when this happens ? License fees keep going up ,... less game wardens to be seen . ��

5. Banned
    I wish Maine would hurry up to to make it manatory to have a boating license ,check every operator at ramp(s).Some people belong in a boat no bigger than a 10ft kayak .

6. Member
    Maaaaan, Winni and every pleasure boater on it can all go straight to whatever personal hell it is they fear the most. Up here on vacation this week, was out on my Dad's pontoon in Paugus bay. Just in Paugus Bay. Went for a little cruise at idle speed along the shore, maybe 200 feet from it. Didn't get halfway around and had more than 10 boats going in between me and shore at full speed, most within 50 feet of my boat. And every damn one of them waved at me without a care in the world, and that's one half of the problem. They don't care because there's no one out there to catch them and enforce the law.

Our state marine patrol is a joke. All of them are a bunch of useless jerkoffs more intent on asking fisherman if they have their license or life vests, and don't give a damn about the weekender asshats that are hauling ass in their monster boats within 50 feet of everyone else. I know I'm not alone in feeling this way. Something needs to be done. I don't know what that is yet, but I am more than happy to lead this. It's downright dangerous to go out on Winnipesaukee with the way most people drive out there, and the problem only keeps getting worse and worse.

I stay away from those places for the most part.
    I just don't enjoy myself having to deal with those people.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Maaaaan, Winni and every pleasure boater on it can all go straight to whatever personal hell it is they fear the most. Up here on vacation this week, was out on my Dad's pontoon in Paugus bay. Just in Paugus Bay. Went for a little cruise at idle speed along the shore, maybe 200 feet from it. Didn't get halfway around and had more than 10 boats going in between me and shore at full speed, most within 50 feet of my boat. And every damn one of them waved at me without a care in the world, and that's one half of the problem. They don't care because there's no one out there to catch them and enforce the law.
    Fished a tournament yesterday on Paugus, same thing happened to me once, with a bunch of others in big boats going by me at pretty high speed a number of times throughout the day. If it wasn't for a few peaceful hours in the morning I'd say the same thing as Tim about avoiding Winni altogether.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

9. Banned
    It is one of many reasons why I refuse to put boat in water on weekends. Will only go fishing midweek !

10. Member
    I fish Paugus a lot, so I see a lot of stupid sh**. However, Marine Patrol is incredibly understaffed. They only have like 3 patrols out on that lake at any given time (4th of July and Labor day the ramp up), so they are really only looking for gross violations. I have seen them target jet skiers the most - and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post

Our state marine patrol is a joke. All of them are a bunch of useless jerkoffs more intent on asking fisherman if they have their license or life vests, and don't give a damn about the weekender asshats that are hauling ass in their monster boats within 50 feet of everyone else. I know I'm not alone in feeling this way. Something needs to be done. I don't know what that is yet, but I am more than happy to lead this. It's downright dangerous to go out on Winnipesaukee with the way most people drive out there, and the problem only keeps getting worse and worse.
    Scott Doughty
    2022 Skeeter ZX225 - 2022 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Salem, NH

11. Banned
    Some do not know how to use power trim, ....have it trimmed half way at 10 MPH ,resulting in big wakes. YIKES !!

12. Banned
    Speaking of Money. Who pays the Lake Host, the one's that check your boat before you launch. Just read an article about them.

13. Member
    At least at squam you can get away from most boaters other than by the launch. I can't seem to go anywhere on winni without some d bag rolling a 4 foot wake on me no matter where I go.

14. Member
    Dept Env Svcs