Slidemaster Manual Jack Plate Adjustment

I have a 6" manual Slidemaster jack plate on my Ranger Z522 that is equipped with a 300 hp Mercury Verado engine. I need to raise the jack plate 3/4" to get the correct ptp height. I've never adjusted a maunual jack plate and would appreciate any advice or recommendations to safeguard the engine and jack plate. I've been told to place small 4"x4" piece of wood under the skeg and very slightly trim down the engine to lessen the torque on the jack plate so it will be easier to adjust the large adjustment bolt located in the center of the jack plate. Of course before adjusting this bolt you must loosen the 2 bolts on each side of the jack plate. This is a very heavy engine that weighs 634 pounds! Anyone had any experience adjusting the Slidemaster?
    Thanks in advance,
    Brian

2. Banned
    Yeah loosen the 4 outside bolts with a 3/4" socket. Grab a 1 1/16" socket and turn the center nut until you get to your desired height. Wiggle the motor to make sure both sides slid equally and re-tighten the outside bolts. About as easy as it gets.

But you're better off adjusting it 1/4" at a time and watching the water pressure.

3. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Mines a 1999 Johnson 225 ho with 10"
    slide master
    i just loosen side bolts and crank away,
    retighten side bolts

4. Member
    I want to raise my jack plate. It looks like I will need to crank the top center bolt clockwise to raise it up. Does this sound correct?

5. Banned
    Here's an easy tip for you. Mark a line with a permanent market where it currently sits on the housing. If yours is black, then you're gonna need a white marker. With a mark on the slides, it's easier to adjust on the water without having to have a tape measure.

6. Member
    Thanks guys for the help. Does anyone know what direction to turn the top center bolt to raise the plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman522 View Post
    Thanks guys for the help. Does anyone know what direction to turn the top center bolt to raise the plate?

Clockwise.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

8. Member
    Well that was easy enough - no problem adjusting the SlideMaster at all.
    Thanks again to all for your help!

9. Banned
    Leave it

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseerry View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I need to ask. After you get the jackplate to the desired height and tighten the four side-bolts, do you do anything else with the big center bolt? Just leave it be?
    Leave it

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseerry View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I need to ask. After you get the jackplate to the desired height and tighten the four side-bolts, do you do anything else with the big center bolt? Just leave it be?
    Leave it

13. Member
    Just leave it be.