Electrical outlet question

I have a couple of 110V house outlets that when I plug something into them it is very rough, kind of like a dragging feeling. Any ideas other than replace?

2. Member
    Best just to replace a only a few bucks each...

3. Member
    Yeah.. They are actually pretty easy to change.. But make sure power is off.. I was scared to mess with and electrical in fear of doing something wrong.. After seeing so many people doing their own, it's pretty simple deal.. Make sure positive festive and ground go to correct screws.. About like hooking up a car or boat battery...
    I Believe in Catch & Release...
    Only when I don't have Witnesses..

4. Member
    Is this a fairly recently built home? The tamper-proof outlets required by recent code changes have an interior cover that has to be moved aside as the plug is inserted - these can be difficult even when new.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpilot View Post
    I have a couple of 110V house outlets that when I plug something into them it is very rough, kind of like a dragging feeling. Any ideas other than replace?
    Replace them.......
    remember to turn off the power. Remember the black wire goes to the gold terminal, the white goes to the silver terminal, and the ground goes to the green terminal. If in doubt ask the person in the electrical department. Turn off the power. Check that nothing makes contact when putting it back in the box.

6. Member
    Black to brass to save your a**.

White to silver.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Srt1010 View Post
    Black to brass to save your a**.

White to silver.
    I like that saying