Thread: legend has sold

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Didn't JM just shut down Stratos that was building more boats than Legend, and he buys Legend? Interesting.
    Stratos is done?

Harlan Griggs its a good thing for sur,,,e all the people that know how to build legend boats are still there nothing will change ,, I do find it amusing that some say should have stayed with ranger or triton or what ever well wake up call ,,,they own those brands also lol ..... Rusty Kelley is top notch and his crew are second to none they will still build the best bass boat on the water. .the reason stratos is gone or going is because of sales plane and simple and ranger is still the number one selling brand ... and who owns ranger .,,,,, I see some soured grapes here past legend people , we all know the real story why your not in a legend anymore so save it no one really cares about you uninformed and ridiculous opinion ....... Randy Qualls is top notch straight , fair , honest , and caring . of people and his employees , I think is an awesome move for the brand and the people at legend boats the rest of you that really know nothing at all and just make stuff up because it sounds good or its gloom and doom to bad ill still be RIDING A LEGEND . great things ahead

Someone asked why you would sell a profitable business. As a business owner, there will come a time when I will be ready to stop coming to the office every day, and if the money is right, I will sell my business. Most people that start a business have "X" amount of energy to put into getting a business off the ground and profitable, sometimes it takes a new owner with a bigger vision and more energy to get that business to the next level. You can bet the money offered was too good to pass up for the current owners, a bought out business is not always a sign of trouble within the business. Hope they allow the boat to continue to be built, I am looking to get another boat in a couple years, and the V series would have been out long enough to have any tweaks needed to correct any initial issues.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    I can see Johnny Morris kissing my A$$ if that's the case.
    Why would Johnny want to do that. I think it's awesome that he bought them out. They were probably struggling if they were shopping themselves around.

5. Member
    Sad news. I think all things considered its been better with more independent brands than not. For y'all sake, I hope Legend doesn't end up going the way of Champion. I've always admired Legend and the boats.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    Sad news. I think all things considered its been better with more independent brands than not. For y'all sake, I hope Legend doesn't end up going the way of Champion. I've always admired Legend and the boats.
    I agree. I like all bass boats maybe even all boats. Just enjoy my time on the water. Phoenix is the winner here. They keep gaining share and the competition is fading away.

7. Member
    Hawk boats all over again by by warranty..

Quote Originally Posted by ser68 View Post
    Hawk boats all over again by by warranty..
    The letter that went out to dealers and is posted online clearly states that White River will honor the Legend warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The letter that went out to dealers and is posted online clearly states that White River will honor the Legend warranties.
    What's on paper and what actually happens are 2 totally different things...having a corporate attorney handle the issue is cheaper than honoring the warranty...we shall see.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by boat guy View Post
    Harlan Griggs its a good thing for sur,,,e all the people that know how to build legend boats are still there nothing will change ,, I do find it amusing that some say should have stayed with ranger or triton or what ever well wake up call ,,,they own those brands also lol ..... Rusty Kelley is top notch and his crew are second to none they will still build the best bass boat on the water. .the reason stratos is gone or going is because of sales plane and simple and ranger is still the number one selling brand ... and who owns ranger .,,,,, I see some soured grapes here past legend people , we all know the real story why your not in a legend anymore so save it no one really cares about you uninformed and ridiculous opinion ....... Randy Qualls is top notch straight , fair , honest , and caring . of people and his employees , I think is an awesome move for the brand and the people at legend boats the rest of you that really know nothing at all and just make stuff up because it sounds good or its gloom and doom to bad ill still be RIDING A LEGEND . great things ahead
    It is like reading C++ trying to decipher your posts...

11. Banned

12. Member
    legend will be gone by the end of the year. RIP: Stratos, Legend.

13. Member
    It bothers me when BassPro talks about quality of their boat line up. I was at BassPro today and looked over all the boats they had, from their tracker line to the Nitros. In every compartment that I opened, I found metal shavings. I even found metal shavings in the live well?

The metal shavings are coming from when they drill the lids to install rivets for the hinges. Several of the boats had carpet coming lose from a poor contact cement application. I can almost look past all the plastic parts, plated plastic and metal plated parts. However, I can not look past the quality control or lack of it. It is completely inexcusable to let a boat from the manufacture show up at a dealer and showroom floor with metal shavings all over the boat and carpet de-laminating.

If there is no quality control for Johnny Morris's boat line ( Nitro and Tracker) what makes me think there will be quality control for all the other boats he has acquired ( Ranger, Tritron and Legend) ?

I'm literately sick to my stomach with Legend selling out.
    Last edited by SMChamp; 08-11-2017 at 10:35 PM.

14. Member
    I really hate to see this. I just sold my 2007 Stratos 201 ProXL and was looking for a new one, but Johnny put a nix to that. So I was really interested in a Legend.........until now that is. looks like I'll be leaning towards a Phoenix.

15. Member
    IMHO JM bought Legend to keep Stetson from taking the building and is going to can them just like Stratos in the future. Time will tell as Legend from what I have heard has been on the market for quite some time.

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    legend will be gone by the end of the year. RIP: Stratos, Legend.
    ProCraft, Champion, and Astro!!

17. Member
    I can understand Johnny stopping the stratos, I mean he only sold 180 boats last year, as a business stand point. You need to sell a a lot more than that to pay employees and materials. Not going to get into a pissing match, I own a legend v20 and love it, and if he decides to keep making them I will fish out of one, if he scraps them I will fish out of mine till I get tired of it. And I will get something else. Anyway that's why I love my job, there is not a bass boat out there that I can't afford.

18. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Every Legend sold is a Ranger or Triton or Nitro setting on the floor!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin atkinson View Post
    if he scraps them I will fish out of mine till I get tired of it. And I will get something else. Anyway that's why I love my job, there is not a bass boat out there that I can't afford.

20. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92936&dateline=150203  9213
    2013 Ranger Z519 / 225 Mercury Pro XS

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast