Thread: DI help on 999

DI help on 999

Ive had the unit for a couple of years and love the SI but not the DI. I've played with all the settings and it just doesn't seem to clear up, honestly its not much better than looking at sonar. Something has got to be off, I've been putting it off for a while now and just dealing with it but I want to get it working correctly. I feel like I just have some settings off somewhere along the lines but I'm not the most tech savvy person either

I have always used a Sensitivity setting a couple of numbers different than the SI Sensitivity--don't remember plus or minus from the SI setting--don't use it for fishing. The Brown pallet seems to produce the best images for DI for me.

The DI view cannot be as clear as the SI sides since the DI is a view created by blending the two SI pulses. It does not have dedicated DI like a Down Imaging, or MEGA SI unit does.

I get very good DI views when I use it on all my blended SI models.

Same brush pile with a 1198c SI Combo:

You can see the algae on this tree:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

your si blend can be set wide, extra wide narrow, try going more narrow?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    When I had my 999's (and the blended DI is generally similar to many HB SI units)...

I ran the DI around 12-14 on sensitivity and used the contrast to dial it in better, Wayne probably uses less sensitivity on most of what he images - but the brown is excellent for detail, just hard to see in bright conditions for me.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

5. Member
    I run DI high, unlike a lot of people. I rarely run it less than 18, even on 800khz.