Thread: Dash Shroud

Dash Shroud

Not sure how to explain this but has anyone had the covering on their dash shroud start coming loose? Boat isn't 3 months old and the vinyl has already started coming loose. I regret buying my phoenix have had nothing but quality issues since I got it. I have had two other fiberglass bass boats over the last 27 years and nothing like this. Never had one problem from my other two boats. I thought i had researched these well enough but I guess i didn't.

2. Member
    You are one of the few I've heard of that's unhappy with their Phoenix. Mine was almost 4 years old and the only thing that was ever a problem was the horn. Sorry to hear that. I am about to buy a new boat and really hope the quality has not gone down hill.
    2021 caymas cx21

3. Member
    Used market is good right now. If you don't like it, now's the time to sell it and get what you want.

4. Member
    Not sure on all your issues but I would be willing to put money on it that if you went to the dealer or got with Tim they would all be taken care of. TritonJT is right though, it will sale real quick if your just wanting to get rid of it. A few pics to Tim and I bet a new shroud would be at your house in less than a week

Get your list together and contact Tim Phoenix service department. If you can fix it Tim will ship new parts to you. If not he will assist with your Dealer making repairs. Take some pictures of problem areas to backup your list. Get it done and go fishing clear your mind bro.

The boats themselves in general are great boats. The overall construction and design of the haul is phenomenal. That being said, yes there are some minor finishing issues especially with the growth of the company. However your dealer should be able to fix them without a dime to you. If the shroud needs to be replaced just have them replace it.
    2017 - Phoenix 919 / 225hp Pro Xs

7. Member
    I had some quality issues with mine, but nothing that couldn't be taken care of immediately, and let me reassure you, Tim and Phoenix will make it right immediately. Living in Texas, my fishing friends have Skeeters, Legends, and Rangers mainly, and all have issues with their new boats. Believe me when I say all my friends say Phoenix customer service is much better than other brands. Two of my friends with the mentioned brands still have issues that haven't been addressed after 6 months of notifying their boat brands.

Your dealer and Phoenix will make it right. I'm in the process of asking Tim and Phoenix for a minor fix, and then when they fixed it, like an idiot I broke it. It was my fault, and I contacted Phoenix and asked to purchase the piece at cost since I broke it. Instead they sent me another fix, $200 piece, for free again. No other brand will do that!
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

Who'd you get your rig from?
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

9. Member
    Tim at Phoenix is a great guy. I would first give him a call with your list of issues with some photos before jumping on a forum to rant about it. I bought my 920 new back in 2015 and i also had a few minor issues but Tim never hesitated to get those issues fixed. Always next day air shipped straight from factory or one of the OEM vendors.
    2019 Blazer 625 / G2 250
    1996 21XD Bullet SOLD
    2015 Phoenix 920 / 250 Pro XS SOLD
    ALX Rods. www.alxrods.com
    The Best Designed and most Sensitive Bass Fishing Rod in the USA!

10. Member
    If more people would have ranted as you say on this forum about their problem I wouldn't be in this boat. Customer serve has to be good if you have these problem or you wouldn't be in business. I agree Tim will take care of it we have my boat scheduled to return to the factory this winter. (for problem that were so bad it shouldn't have left the factory if someone in QC would have been doing their job). Just spent to much money on on a product that has to be returned for repairs before its a week old that is hard to stomach for me. I will never have faith in this boat. Sorry if this upsets you maybe my standards are to high but I have own boats since 82 and never had a boat with this type of quality issues especially for a boat company that pride them self for quality.

These post come up all the time for every manufacturer. No matter how much homework you do that doesn't mean you are going to get a flawless product. People are still humans and that's who puts boats together. The fact that you are getting it corrected is atleast something to be thankful for in choosing this company.
    2017 - Phoenix 919 / 225hp Pro Xs

12. Member
    I had the same thing happen to mine. Called Time and I had a new shroud in a few days. I didn't see a reason to post about it since it was taken care of so fast. Every boat out there is going to have some kind of small issues.

All manufacturers have issues. If you look at the other manufacturers, some have more than others. I am coming out of one brand to Phoenix. I should receive her in about 8 weeks. I made the decision probably like you did. Researched, test drive and I did a lot of lurking in here and other places. Phoenix was the one that has an all around thing to it. Even other brand owners see Phoenix as one of the best all around boats and have great customer service. In the end I knew I could possibly get one with issues, but the odds were less, considerably. I also knew it was gonna be taken care of without an issue or hesitation if I did.
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

Regret buying a phoenix?????

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachs View Post
    If more people would have ranted as you say on this forum about their problem I wouldn't be in this boat. Customer serve has to be good if you have these problem or you wouldn't be in business. I agree Tim will take care of it we have my boat scheduled to return to the factory this winter. (for problem that were so bad it shouldn't have left the factory if someone in QC would have been doing their job). Just spent to much money on on a product that has to be returned for repairs before its a week old that is hard to stomach for me. I will never have faith in this boat. Sorry if this upsets you maybe my standards are to high but I have own boats since 82 and never had a boat with this type of quality issues especially for a boat company that pride them self for quality.
    I'm not upset lol. I'm really not here to start an argument or want to. It just puzzles me what a thread like this might accomplish.
    i also have high standards when it comes to quality and expectations. If the boat left the factor with a quality standards so bad that it was clearly obvious then it should have never even left the dealer. As a buyer i would have not even excepted it and brought it home. Some responsibility does lay here with the buyer.

I just find it unprofessional to go on a forum to rant while expecting the manufacture to rectify the issue before (or after) even handling the issue in private directly with the correct manufacture professionals and dealer.

I would much rather read a full story post about an issue or quality problem, how it was fixed and how the manufacture compensated the buyer for the issue to reflect the level of customer service and dedication to its customers/clients.

That is really all i have to say. Again not hear dance in the fire just giving my personal opinion.
    2019 Blazer 625 / G2 250
    1996 21XD Bullet SOLD
    2015 Phoenix 920 / 250 Pro XS SOLD
    ALX Rods. www.alxrods.com
    The Best Designed and most Sensitive Bass Fishing Rod in the USA!

16. Member
    Some people make mountains out of mole hills. There are just people who look for things to complain about. There's not a perfect anything in the world. Including ourselves.
    2016 f250 diesel
    2013 phoenix 920xp
    250 pro xs
    pb 9.72

17. Member
    I have a 2011 Phoenix and is the BEST boat I've owned!

I had my 2010 until my new rig in 2015. In mine and most others, there has been no bad things to report. Between 2 boats and 8 years, I've had a total of 3 proplems. All of which I have mentioned over the years on this board. I can list them and people can decide if it takes Phoenix off their short list.

1) Cracked through hull fitting (leaked) when new
    2) Defective speedo gauge when new
    3) Cracked speedo fitting on replacement gauge (leaked)
    *All 3 apologetically and promptly taken care of by Jeff and/or Tim.

Those are the types of reports that have been posted on this board since I started coming here in 2009 and have been the moderator of since roughly 2011. If a perspective buyer comes here to do research, they have plenty of info to make an informed decision. I'm sorry you have had some problems, but do yourself a favor and get in touch with Phoenix and let them do what they do- make it right! By all means, share your experience with others, like we all have. To do so in two different threads w/o contacting the company first is why you're getting some push back from other owners. There is NO excuse for letting mistakes out the door, but it does happen. All of our good experiences are not anomalies- problems like yours are.

Good luck, and keep us informed.....

Last edited by Ray Co. Hank; 08-11-2017 at 01:31 PM.

19. Member
    Didn't know that i posted this twice.

I have contacted the factory and the boat will return for repairs. If anyone has seen my other post you will see that my biggest problem is the gel coat in my compartments is poor quality. Looks like it has groove in the gel coat and other compartment weren't finished out. This is stuff I didn't noticed until I got it home and wax the boat. The lost of faith in the boat is mostly generated front he gel coat inside my compartments. I worry about some of the quality of the fiberglass i can't see if they didn't take care of the gel in the places i can see. I am finished with this conversation I will deal with these problems locally.

20. Member
    Oh yea, you had the issue in the tackle compartment? I agree it shouldn't ever leave the factory like that. They will take care of it though. I also had a couple spots that needed touch up. I had a local place do it and you can't even tell where they were now. Tim was a breeze to work with and had no issue getting it fixed. Don't let such a little thing kill your faith in the whole boat. Now if it was cracking all over or something like that, that would be a different story