Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pantera Classic walk through video

I have no association with bass cat or jeff jones marine so if i gave any wrong info i am sorry. Just answer to the best of my knowledge. Also first even video for please forgive me.

Went up to my local dealer to check the new pantera classic. They just got it in yesterday i must say i am very impressed with this boat. There are a few thing i do not like but no one builds a perfect boat.
    Lets start with the things i did like. I love the layout very functional, thought out and has a ton of storage. It carry the 90" beam so well that it fells bigger. I will agree that if your a going from a cougar or puma you want to see it in person before you buy. There is plenty of leg room with the tilt wheel for taller people. im shorter at 5`10-11" i had no problems at all. The console is nice a big. Should fit the new 16" graphs flush mount if you like that. The seats are very comfortable. Will be able to fish 2 people on the front as long as both now what they are doing. There is plenty of floor space for non boater tackle and the non boater rod storage lets the rod lay close to the deck and not kicked way up in the air. I like the live well design a lot especially if you can take the divider out if you fish team tournaments. The front boxes will open with out with rods laying flat on the deck and not hitting them.

What i do not like or wish it was a option to upgrade as i understand that a lot of this come from trying the keep the price in check. be able to have a color other then white on the top cap and inside the boat (in the boxes is fine). live well was only a single pump in system i would liked to have had duel pumps, the option for more gas even if it went under the seat as the back appears to be maxed out in space. the trailer i would upgrade to the 4 inch. the 3" i am sure is fine as bass cat has said but just me would go with the 4. which could get the premium seats with the speaker. i do not like the touch pad like the a10 much better is you can upgrade the live well pumps and get the a10 would be perfect. And the option to not have carpet (i know bass cats stance and understand that its a very small market for the no carpet)

Other then that i love the boat and for the price (even with the option i want i think it a awesome bang for the buck). in my option i do not see why you world pick the p2 over this other the advantage options. if i was to buy a new boat tomorrow it would be the boat i would buy with 98% certainty.

http://www.jeffjonesmarine.com/pre_o...h=4910080&nv=y

Thanks for video
    Lee Harville - North Augusta, SC
    Boat Sold, looking for first cat -
    classic, P2, or Caracal

3. Member
    61 inches across the front seat post is pretty wide

4. Member
    Thanks for the video and thanks for your thoughts and opinions...

extremely helpful video! Thank You!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

6. Member
    I have a margay and didn't like the look of the colored ends and white center, so I went all white topcap and malibu silver dual consoles. I think the key with the white top is the console needs to be a contrasting color otherwise the white is too much. That being said I think it is a great boat.

7. Member
    So you can't get the premium seats as in upgrade? Boat is laid out very nicely and with a few upgrades would be a killer rig.

Thanks for the work on the video.

9. Member
    BCB............ can you please clarify for us? Are seats able to be ugraded? Is 30 gallons the max on fuel or can one upgrade and add on a 10-gallon tank also? Thank you in advance !

I want to know some speed numbers with 150 and 175 vs the 200
    classic, P2, or Caracal

They do not offer an upgrade on the seats at this time.

The performance on a 150 is around 60 while the 200 rolls up into 70's.

12. Member
    Thank you very much BCB for that answer.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

Are these numbers based on a typical tournament load?
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

sorry to bother with one more, what about a 175 sho?
    classic, P2, or Caracal

We don't suggest the 175 in most because it's close to the 200 in money. It's entirely up to you!

Sorry if I missed it or it's been answered somewhere else but is there an option to add an additional 10 gallon tank to this boat right now and if not is it something BCB is considering in the future?

There is no tank option on this boat.

18. Member
    There is no tank option on this boat.
    BCB, is an additional 10 gallon tank option something that BCB is considering for the future? Thank you.

they have very large rear storages and they tightened up the sump to keep the fuel and batteries there now. We don't think that is an option in the future with the present design.

20. Member
    they have very large rear storages and they tightened up the sump to keep the fuel and batteries there now. We don't think that is an option in the future with the present design.
    Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast