Thread: Memphis visit??

Memphis visit??

Heading to Memphis for business end of the month. The wife is coming also. Any sights and eats that we need to take in while we're there.

2. Member
    Go to Rendezvous for ribs.

3. Member
    Used to live there. Beale street for music, bars and food; Overton square for the same, Peabody Hotel at happy hour for the ducks in the lobby, Bass Pro Shop in the Pyramid, Obligatory trip to Graceland, Corkey's BBQ. The best advice I'll give you. Be Very aware of your surroundings, you get a block or 2 away from these places and y'all will wish you hadn't, and I'd ensure my ass was inside the hotel after 10 p.m.
    Last edited by kstolting; 08-10-2017 at 07:27 AM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kstolting View Post
    Used to live there. Beale street for music, bars and food; Overton square for the same, Peabody Hotel at happy hour for the ducks in the lobby, Bass Pro Shop in the Pyramid, Obligatory trip to Graceland, Corey's BBQ. The best advice I'll give you. Be Very aware of your surroundings, you get a block or 2 away from these places and y'all will wish you hadn't, and I'd ensure my ass was inside the hotel after 10 p.m.
    Good info here. If you want to get over towards Graceland, you can try Interstate BBQ. Jim Neely makes some seriously good BBQ imho. If you're ok with dropping a few dollars, check out Hog and Hominy for dinner. I also like The Commissary for BBQ.
    Last edited by smalljawguy; 08-10-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

5. Banned
    I lived in Memphis 18 years and left behind a child, grandchild, niece, nephew and a sister. I've never been to Graceland, however. I understand that the Stax Museum is well worth seeing--where incredible music was made.

I too am a Rendezvous fan, and I love to walk down the alley after going there to eat carrot cake at The Peabody Hotel. Their happy hour on the rooftop is really great on Thursday nights--with the sunsets over the Mississippi River. Best ribs of my life were at Corky's in Cordova, however.

Of course, you'll want to visit the Pyramid Bass Pro Shop.

I can tell you that Memphis is a very good foodie town. If you'll let us know where you're staying, we can tell you where to eat and what to do.

We'll be staying at the Big Cypress near BPS....is there a trolley that goes by there.