Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I bumped the original thread and put a link to the entry form

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Can we sign up Friday night when we get there!!

3. Member
    Yep

4. Member
    Will be there boat #8. Several other local CHAMPION owners going also.Should be a great time.
    POPS

Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

Yes you can sign up Friday night

7. Member
    53 boats signed up as of noon today.

8. Member
    Group of us will be signing up Friday at Port of Kimberling 3 - 5 PM as not yet sure who's boats we'll be bringing. Will registration be at the marina? Can't wait.

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Sounds like 80 to 100 boats should be a good turn out.

10. Member
    I talked to a couple of guys signing up down there too. We should hit 100 boats I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Someone associated with the tournament should post it on the Champion section.
    It was and it was slammed. Apparently there is a Champion tournament later in the month.
    I got nothin

12. Banned
    Yep when it was first released some BCB/Champion guys got butt hurt when they found out about this one being a week before I remember that thread. They seem to be a lot more welcome to it now that the 210 elite has been out a little while and what a hit it has been.

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I think since Charger is building the Champion hull with more models to come, the Champion faithful will embrace this gathering more in the future. I know I would like to make it next year. BCB stepped in a year or two ago and offered the TOC to join their Table Rock owner tourney. The Champs weren't eligible for any of the other BCB owner functions. To me, that made it BCB's party and the TOC was basically sold out. In fact, I believe one of the guys that brought the TOC back is now driving a Bass Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I think since Charger is building the Champion hull with more models to come, the Champion faithful will embrace this gathering more in the future. I know I would like to make it next year. BCB stepped in a year or two ago and offered the TOC to join their Table Rock owner tourney. The Champs weren't eligible for any of the other BCB owner functions. To me, that made it BCB's party and the TOC was basically sold out. In fact, I believe one of the guys that brought the TOC back is now driving a Bass Cat.
    Not trying to hijack this thread so bear with me gents. Get your facts right Reggie. BCB has been a major contributing sponsor of the TOC for over 5 years, when P&E told us to pounds sand Champion was dead. It was the only boat maker on the market that approached us to sponsor. BCB has never had a regional tournament on Table Rock until last year, ever. Last year we partnered up with them to become a dual Champion/BCB regional tournament. The winners of the TOC went on to the BCB fish off and if they would have won that, then final prize. So that would be potentially 3 of their events if the Champ owner keeps winning. Other than sponsorship BCB has nothing to do with the TOC as it has been and always will remain a privately run tournament since it was re-created in 2010. All the planning from dates, sponsors, permits to insurance is done by the tournament directors not BCB. Yup, Tom Blakemore does own a Cat now and if the stars ever align right I may too. He bought an '07 Puma 3 years ago and bowed out as director of the TOC (Matter of fact he didn't even fish the TOC in 2015). It would have died off as no one wanted to take it over so I stepped up and took the wheel in 2015, not having ever run a tournament. Last year when I combined the two tourneys, added a charity and made it a large event I asked for Tom's help as it can be a bit overwhelming to do by yourself. He obliged. This was the route we chose to take. Charger is doing their own thing. It pizzed people off on both sides. You can't please everyone. Game on. For record I've never been anything but 100% supportive of the re-birth of the 210 by Charger and will continue to be. Best of luck to them and those who fish their tournament.

- Matt
    Last edited by MMosher; 09-01-2017 at 04:03 PM.

15. Member
    I think his main point was that people were upset on both sides. I know the Champ and Charger guys haven't always got along, but just like life, things change and we need to adapt. I don't see the big deal. If I win the draw boat, I'm going with a 210 just because it is newer and fresher than the 496.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12