Thread: Lowes seats

Lowes seats

Has anyone else with a Lowe's boat had trouble with seats. I have had to replace them twice already on my 2012 Hp 18. Got to call them again. They said that they had trouble with the seats for a couple of years around the time I got mine. Why they keep sending me the same seats I don't know.

2012 Lowes HP18 115pro xs 22 lazer II
    Elite 5dsi gold on console and Elite 5dsi at front.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Is your boat stored outside without a cover? I could see where the environment in LA would be pretty tough on vinyl. Also, Lowe makes a decent boat but it is at a lower price point than some other models so the materials might be of lesser quality. I don't type that to knock your boat, my first new boat was a Lowe 1600V and it was a terrific boat for me, but it can be reality. My Lowe was stored inside and I don't recall any major trouble with the seats over a 13 year period but they did show some wear and tear.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

3. Member
    The first time it was covered. The second time it spent three months at Lowes for repairs. Both times the threads came apart. All about a year and a half apart. I have a stand up seat that is 20 years old that has been on 2 boats that has not been covered in the weather and not come apart yet. I know the old saying about things are not made like they use to.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I'll bet that there are differences in the dyes used in thread where some are UV resistant and others are not. And you know which ones would cost less so maybe a bean counter at Lowe got carried away in saving some pennies. And you are the suffering recipient!
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

5. Member
    You are probably right. I am going to call Lowes again and ask for something different this time. Hopefully I will get the newer version.