Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

My boy Rocky went to heaven today

Lots of us BBC guys and gals post when their dog, cat or other pet dies. Today it's my turn. I met Rocky at a yard sale about ten years ago. I heard him barking from inside the house where the yard sale was. I already had two Min-pins and I said to the guy having the sale that sounds like Min-pins barking. We went inside and there were two dogs in a crate. He explained they didn't have a yard, and they had a new baby so that's why they were in the crate almost all the time. Long story short, I bought Rocky and Maya that week.
    Rocky loved people. He didn't care who you were he would wrap his little paws around you and give you little dog kisses. He was my only male dog, I have 4 female Min-pins. Anyhow Rocky got sick. He seemed disoriented and unsteady on his feet, and his red blood cells were less than half minimum. He still kept his manners, didn't pee until I took him out and set him down, but he got so weak he couldn't lift his leg anymore. After two months on antibiotics and steroids, he got so thin he was just a shadow of himself, and he had lost all his fat and was losing his muscles.
    Today I took him to the vet, we took him outside, he wobbled but stood there, and we agreed it was time to let him go. I held him as they injected him, and talked to him until I was sure he didn't hear me anymore. I'm big, I think I'm tough, but I cried like a baby.
    I will look for you at the Rainbow Bridge big boy. I love youRocky

2. Member
    Sorry for your loss.

3. Member
    Sorry for you having to feel sad. Prayers for your comfort.
    Praying for a Cure

So sorry for your loss
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

6. Member
    Not even my dog and I'm holding back tears for you Bill. Nothing I can say will comfort you but my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

We get attached and its hard to let go. So sorry
    89 Ranger 360v/05 Optimax 200

8. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    ...but I cried like a baby.
    Haven't made it through that process once when I didn't do the same... doubt I ever will.

Very sorry about your pal, Rocky.
    Who controls John Gill?

So sorry

Sorry for your loss. Crying like a baby when your dog dies is totally normal. Makes us human. Prayers for ya man!!!

Sorry for your loss. I had to do the same thing last Wednesday morning to our 14yr old lab mix.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

12. Member
    So sorry for your loss. They can be your best friend.

13. Member
    So sorry for your loss Bill. I know there are no words that can truly describe how bad you must feel. I still can't think about losing my best friend without some tears, just to recent. Hope soon that every time you think of Rocky it only brings good memories and smiles.

14. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Went through it myself last week. Cried like a baby too...time heals, and memories will last for ever.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Lots of us BBC guys and gals post when their dog, cat or other pet dies. Today it's my turn. I met Rocky at a yard sale about ten years ago. I heard him barking from inside the house where the yard sale was. I already had two Min-pins and I said to the guy having the sale that sounds like Min-pins barking. We went inside and there were two dogs in a crate. He explained they didn't have a yard, and they had a new baby so that's why they were in the crate almost all the time. Long story short, I bought Rocky and Maya that week.
    Rocky loved people. He didn't care who you were he would wrap his little paws around you and give you little dog kisses. He was my only male dog, I have 4 female Min-pins. Anyhow Rocky got sick. He seemed disoriented and unsteady on his feet, and his red blood cells were less than half minimum. He still kept his manners, didn't pee until I took him out and set him down, but he got so weak he couldn't lift his leg anymore. After two months on antibiotics and steroids, he got so thin he was just a shadow of himself, and he had lost all his fat and was losing his muscles.
    Today I took him to the vet, we took him outside, he wobbled but stood there, and we agreed it was time to let him go. I held him as they injected him, and talked to him until I was sure he didn't hear me anymore. I'm big, I think I'm tough, but I cried like a baby.
    I will look for you at the Rainbow Bridge big boy. I love youRocky
    a lot of us know this story all to well, sorry to hear about your little buddy passing on.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

17. Member
    so sorry--our pets become family and it is a heartache to lose them

18. Banned
    It's so sad when our buds leave us....

19. Member
    Very sorry, I went through this when we lost our Rocky a Boston Terrier. They are family.

20. Member

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast