Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Crestliner bass hawk

Just seen a film on facebook for a new crestliner designed to compete with the Lund deep V bass boat. Looks a bit cheaper built, and comes in a 17ft version, so maybe it will be a more affordable option?

2. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Seen that as well. Looked sharp!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

3. Member
    Last edited by Grahamb; 08-08-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Great to see some more new bass models come out! Be interesting to see the 17' version, should be a solid seller.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by croix-man View Post
    Great to see some more new bass models come out! Be interesting to see the 17' version, should be a solid seller.
    and I bet will be a ton nicer than the 17ft glass rigs

Well I like it. It has a good open feel to it. I want see the bench seat version he was talking about in the video. To move that back deck up enough for the bench. The deck would be as big as the front.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Well I like it. It has a good open feel to it. I want see the bench seat version he was talking about in the video. To move that back deck up enough for the bench. The deck would be as big as the front.
    Its in the imgur album I posted.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    Just seen a film on facebook for a new crestliner designed to compete with the Lund deep V bass boat. Looks a bit cheaper built, and comes in a 17ft version, so maybe it will be a more affordable option?
    It would look good on the Thames!
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

9. Member
    The 1750 would probably fit in my garage. I haven't been the biggest fan of the Crestliner hull design, not the driest ride out there, but definitely a capable boat. Looks like a ton of storage. I would like to see a little bigger hatches for the bilge/battery storage areas as it seems those areas always get cramped. I would guess this boat is considerably less money to get into than a Lund Pro-V Bass, so of course cost savings factor into those small nit-picks that I would have. I think it will be a decent seller for Crestliner. I'll be seeing Jason and a bunch of the other Crestliner Pro Staff guys in a week so I will certainly be talking with them about the new rig.

10. Member
    I have a 1750 Fish Hawk with a 115 HP that is a very capable boat. I don't use it anymore because I just got a RT 198 P that works better for tournament fishing for me. My Crestliner is looking for a new home.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    It would look good on the Thames!
    Wouldn't it though. :)

12. Member
    Looks like the old cmv and muskie editions. Nice to see the seating options though

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    The 1750 looks like a slightly smaller version of GJ's 1850. I'm not a fan of the windshield and such but the swim platform and ladder rocks. I'm sure it would do well in rougher waters like Oneida, Upper Bay and such.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

14. Member
    I think you're looking at the fish hawk, not the bass hawk. ;)

15. Member
    I'm liking the Bass Hawk model, especially the front deck and console. I have an 1850 Fish Hawk already on order and this came out, sheesh. Regardless, after much thought I may still prefer the Fish Hawk for my multispecies fishing and addition of a kicker motor.

16. Member
    Any idea whether the decks and transom are ply or aluminium?

17. Member
    Any idea whether the decks and transom are ply or aluminium?
    I wish I knew as well.

Crestliner doesn't use wood in their boats.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    Crestliner doesn't use wood in their boats.
    This is true for their Mod-V bass boat hulls, but I don't know if it's true for their Deep-V hulls. The Mod-V construction page states clearly that it's wood-free, but the same page for Deep-V doesn't make the same claim.

Also, on the Fish Hawk page it says for floor construction - "Carpet, 16 oz. marine-grade, w/Limited Lifetime Warranty treated panel"
    For the VT line for floor construction it says - "Carpet, 16 oz. marine-grade, w/aluminum flooring"

I have a feeling "Treated panel" might mean wood.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    This is true for their Mod-V bass boat hulls, but I don't know if it's true for their Deep-V hulls. The Mod-V construction page states clearly that it's wood-free, but the same page for Deep-V doesn't make the same claim.

Also, on the Fish Hawk page it says for floor construction - "Carpet, 16 oz. marine-grade, w/Limited Lifetime Warranty treated panel"
    For the VT line for floor construction it says - "Carpet, 16 oz. marine-grade, w/aluminum flooring"

I have a feeling "Treated panel" might mean wood.
    You're likely correct.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast