Pulling your Phoenix

Everyone should have these.

Roadmaster 4618-A Rear Leaf Active Suspension Spring Assist Kit

$399.00

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    So would this go on the truck or boat trailer??
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Never mind, watched a video, goes on truck....looks fairly easy to install....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Truck

5. Member
    Why? They tow so easy....i did 750 miles behind a jeep grand cherokee to bring my 921 home I never even knew it was there

Or for the same money buy airbags........10 times better.
    2019 920 Phoenix
    GSU Bass Fishing Team Alumni
    palmertrentfx4@gmail.com

7. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFx4 View Post
    Or for the same money buy airbags........10 times better.
    +1

8. Member
    Airbags Rolltide. Airbags. And GO Bucks!!!

9. Member
    I put a set of Timbren springs on my 2016 F150, made a huge difference in towing my 721.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

10. donnybassfishing..com
    How does it make a Didferece? When you say better pulling, better doing what?

11. Member
    Picked my 920 up yesterday and pulls fine till you get to 70mph , after that it vibrates the steering wheel on the truck badly. What would cause this? Possibly trailer tires not balanced?

12. Member
    Possibly a bad tire. I began to notice a very slight "shake" between 65 and 70 on my bass cat. Don't drive a lot at that speed as most of my trips are down to Lay which is almost all 55mph and slower roads. Last Friday we went down to the 400 ramp just above the narrows, and then took 145 to I-65 and met my wife at Shoney's for dinner (in Clanton). On the way home I noticed a shimmy/shake that I did not see on any of my Guntersville trips and such. They had re-paved part of the road so I first though it might be a botched paving job. But the more I played with it, the more it began to look like a wheel out of balance. When we got home, we unhooked and took my truck back down to the Alabaster exchange and headed north again without the boat. Not a ripple. Son looked at wheels when we got home and one had stick-on weights (I have shooter wheels) the other had none. Got up next morning to remove wheels and take 'em to Tire Engineers to have 'em balanced. When I removed the second and started rolling it to my truck, the problem became obvious. Not balance. Tread separation. 1/2 of the tire had the tread laying flat across the width of the tire, the other side had one side of the tread way higher.

These were MasterCraft Avenger GT tires which are really car tires (they came on the boat when I bought it about a year ago). Went to Tire Engineers anyway and had them install two real trailer tires (8 ply). Problem gone. Sort of miss the raised white letters but do not miss the shake. Probably a long trip in the middle of the Summer heat and we'd have blown that tire out. This was NOT hard to catch with the wheel off. Probably could just jack it up and look for any sort of variance in the wheel hight as you spin it. Note that my trailer is a single axle. Old tires had a max of 44 psi, new tires are 65. Significantly stiffer sidewalls. Never really noticed any towing issue behind my Tacoma, so nothing really different there. But there is certainly less sidewall bulge. Tires were NOT getting hot after towing for an hour. I check the wheel hubs at both ends of every tow, out of habit, and checked the tires themselves the night I noticed the problem. So not much warning other than the out-of-balance feeling. We carefully watched the trailer on the way home, particularly the front-facing side LED marker lights, looking for any sort of movement or fuzziness caused by vibration. Nothing.

Original tire size was 215 70 R15. New tires are 205 75 R15. The old tires might have handled the load better on a tandem but I hate trying to move a tandem around in my basement.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

13. Member
    put jackplate all the way down..pulls better