Thumbs Up In Hull Transducer Install

How hard is this to do and what is the process? Will be attempting hopefully Thursday and would like to be ready and have the tank removed from my 20xd before hand. Have read a few instructions on sanding and placing near the drain hole in center. Like to hear about personal experiences.

2. Member
    I did it on my 2000 20XDC. Transducer install was straight forward. The hardest part for me was getting the tank out. I could not do it alone, needed an extra set of hands.

3. Member
    Preciate the info.. Im sure a full tank won't help either LOL

4. Hagen
    Remove fuel line from motor and drain what gas you have left into gas cans, you might have to put your thumb over the end of the fuel line and pump bubble a couple of times to get it going but then you can just drop the hose and it'll continue to drain out.

When you remove the tank, the front part (towards the bow) needs to come up first, going back in put the rear in first. It will be a tight fit and you will have to kick on it a little but it will come. Also don't let the tank set out in the sun right before re-installing. It will swell up a little.

When you get ready to install the transducer make sure it's clean, their should be a 5"×5" recessed square built into the driver side rear of the hull just for trasnducers. Use a good epoxy when installing it, make I decent size puddle to set transducer in and then push transducer into it. Do not pick it back up after setting it down as this can cause air bubbles in the epoxy. Have a small brick or something to leave on top of it until it cures.

Last note, make sure your fill line is straight as you can get it when re-attaching it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

just done mine a few months ago. you and the tank will have a lot of words before its out.
    die grinder and cutting off the lip torwards the front of the tank sure made it easier. add
    some lights in the livewell while you have it out. change or up date the bilge pump as well.
    I put transducer near the factory flasher no problems.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

6. BBC SPONSOR
    There is a recessed area just for transducers, its right under the gas tank.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

7. Member
    Awesome guys really preciate all the feedback.. Have heard of putting a ratchet strap around tank and that will make it easier coming out. Thats some good thoughts on the pumps and such and I was going to replace them as my recirculating seems to not be working well. I see more $$$$ however everything will be new and good for awhile..

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Its always wise to replace all pumps while you have the tank out.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

9. Member
    Believe it will be too. So with that I will wait until September before I install..

10. Member
    Let me ask another question. Where are you guys mounting the mega transducer from humminbird? I just bought 2 10's so glad to have gotten rid of the gen3 9's. Just wasnt happy so went back to Helix. I dont want to spend anymore on a transducer shield and have saw peeps with them mounted to jackplate. Wondering if yall would post some pics where ya have urs mounted and how. I have a rapid jacks jack plate. Could i make something for it?

I think Chris can make you plate with a place to mount it. When I mount my thru hull ducer in the boat, I mount 2 just in case one goes out I won't have to pull the tank. I can just hook the other one up.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Attach the rear structure transducer to the jackplate or the bottom plate. I bought a transducer shield w/ wedge to mount my Helix structure transducer on the UBP Structure Scan Bottom Plate
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

13. Member
    As for the straps, leave 2 on it when you reinstall, just in case for the future.

14. Member
    When you order a new one ask Bullet to put the transducer in when they build it, makes it sooo much easier, and yes ,the straps are a BIG help!!