Removing Ranger Logos on RT seats

Anyone done it? It looks like just two small rivets but I dont want leave holes in the sets. These might be the most annoying thing on the boat other than the lack of recline on the fishing seats.

2. Member

3. Member
    Why?
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

4. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Have heard some say it hits them in a spot on their back which makes their back hurt. I have not had any issues from mine so cannot offer up any suggestions to OP.

I remember reading a member say they are glued. His came off by accident and it left an ugly glue spot on the seat. He was looking for advise on what to use to glue it back.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

7. Member
    Really

8. Member
    Oh so apparently I get mocked because it hits me square in the spine when I am driving and fishing and is uncomfortable. It sticks out about 1/4" from the seat...not sure why all the anguish from you guys but thanks for providing no help. I guess if I asked which prop for the 700000 time it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7 View Post
    Oh so apparently I get mocked because it hits me square in the spine when I am driving and fishing and is uncomfortable. It sticks out about 1/4" from the seat...not sure why all the anguish from you guys but thanks for providing no help. I guess if I asked which prop for the 700000 time it would be cool.
    I wouldn't use a prop to take them off. Just sayin...............
    Think what would happen in this country if the many stopped fearing the few.

2015 RT 178 w/70hp Yamaha.

Mine do not bother me but I can see your point...This is what I would do if they bothered me that bad...
    I would go to eBay and look at different designs, patches and hats with Ranger patches on the front and such. Ranger has a lot of stuff on eBay.
    I would take the existing logos off.
    Then I would cut the patch off. Hat or one they use for shirts and Velcro the back and Velcro the seat and stick the new cloth logo on the seat.
    That would hide the holes or glue or whatever... And be comfortable.
    Last edited by Panama; 08-09-2017 at 05:21 PM.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

How dare you deface their beloved Ranger. Some folks get all caught up in, "hey look at me and my Ranger". I for one could care less about logos and would choose comfort any day.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    Mine do not bother me but I can see your point...This is what I would do if they bothered me that bad...
    I would go to eBay and look at different designs, patches and hats with Ranger patches on the front and such. Ranger has a lot of stuff on eBay.
    Then I would cut the patch off. Hat or one they use for shirts and Velcro the back and Velcro the seat and stick the new cloth logo on the seat.
    Thats good advice Panama. It's odd, sometimes on a long drive those logos feel like a knot on a tree sticking you in the back when in a tree stand. Other days, I don't notice them, and all that's with the life jacket on in the boat. I guess that's why they put them on the back of the seat in the newer models?

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Mocking? Well maybe a little bit but it is your boat. I've just never felt the logos on my seats and I seldom wear my life jacket except in the winter (yes, everyone can flame away on that admission-deservedly so).
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

The Logos are made of Pultruded material .. Don't know if anything will remove them. Might go down to your local fire station and try the jaws of life cutters..I've heard the material is 4 times stronger and lighter than steel
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    That would hide the holes or glue or whatever... And be comfortable.
    great idea! Thanks