Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Phoenix, Skeeter or blazer?

I just sold my Phoenix and now I'm looking for a new ride. I'm having a hard time making a decision on which brand. I'm looking at the Phoenix 919, Skeeter zx225 and the blazer 625 all with the sho. I have owned a phoenix and was always impressed with the boat. I don't know much about the Skeeter other than they are very popular and priced better than anything else with a sho. Blazer is made about 20 miles from my house and I have had a couple blazers but not the 625. Any input is appreciated. Fit and finish, ride, quality and resale from those of you that have experience in these boats.
    2021 caymas cx21

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Go for a ride in the all, You will come back to Phoenix!!!!

3. Member
    I'm biased but I think the Phoenix will be the best of those 3, or any of them for that matter.

If u want speed a blazer is it, out of those 3. And will get better mpg.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Didnt know they still made Blazer boats.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    They still make Blazer boats???
    They were at the Bassmasters Classic Expo. Had a good looking rig too!

Curious why you sold your phoenix. Any issues with it or do you simply want a new ride, I'm just wondering.

What will that blazer run? The 919 will scoot.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

9. Member
    I have a Skeeter and love it. Buy the one you love to look at and ride so test ride all. Keep in mind how far the dealership is to your home to service your boat as well. They are all good boats.
    Last edited by richhat52; 08-08-2017 at 12:43 PM.

I love the Skeeter FX boats. That FX20 is high on my list when I buy another boat.

All that being said you are paying for it so I would buy what appeals to you the most. It does not matter what we think is the best.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 08-08-2017 at 03:30 PM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    What will that blazer run? The 919 will scoot.
    80s

12. Member
    Phoenix will have the best ride by far, blazer will be faster, skeeter has great layout. Depends on your preferences.

I have a 20i that I've run since 2011 and its been an phenomenal boat - with rough water ride being its forte. Been very pleased with the fit and finish. I will definitively consider a Phoenix for my next boat, but I don't really like the look of their consoles or the cheap looking plastic shrouds they use on a dash and bow panel. One thing I really like about the 2018 ZX series is the coffin style center lockers for rods and two day boxes for tackle - I fish a lot of team tourneys and this is a great idea. I just marshaled on Champlain and was in a 2017 Basscat and Ranger and wasn't impressed with the ride of either.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

You should check out a basscat.since your looking at several models.good luck with what ever choice you make.

2010 basscat pantera 2
    mercury 200 pro xs

Asking for opinions on which boat to buy is almost worthless in my opinion. Some people say Phoenix rides the best, others say Bass Cat ride sucks. Then someone comes on and says just the opposite. Most people are biased and recommend what they own. I read all the time where Bass Cat boats ride well then someone says they don't. Look at all of them, buy the one you want. I'm very happy with my Bass Cat and my next boat will be a Bass Cat but I'm sure the others are good boats also.

If people are going to compare rides compare similar boats. I'm sure a 21 foot wide boat might ride better in certain conditions than a 20 foot narrower boat. Put the 20 foot boat in certain conditions and it might ride better. Same goes with fishing, each boat probably has some benefits under certain conditions.

16. Member
    Skeeter for sure

17. Member
    Thanks for the input. I didn't have any problems with my Phoenix and did really like it. Just get a lot more for the money on the Skeeter and the blazer. Was hoping to find someone who has had more than one of these boats.
    2021 caymas cx21

18. Member
    Bass cat is out of my price range. They look like very nice boats but comparing apples to apples with the other boats the price is significantly higher.
    2021 caymas cx21

19. Member
    You just really have to look and really compare. Sometimes it is the fine details that typically go unnoticed that separate them. Then again it is those fine details that are make and break for some but not others. Everybody has a different appetite for what they want or what truly matters in a boat.You just really have to look and really compare. My guess is that you got rid of the 619 because you want bigger or the SHO???

20. Member
    I only got rid of it because it was almost 4years old and the wife gave me the go ahead on a new one. I have wanted another sho though. No problems with the Phoenix, great boat.
    2021 caymas cx21

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast